• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lost hope; can't do it; I'm intrinsically shit

katya

katya

I'm failing my NQT year and failing the kids.

I don't know if I can do this while suffering from depression. I can't see a time when the depression will be gone.

I think I need to leave the profession.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Hi jruth

Have you managed to get any support from where you are doing your placement or study? :hug1:

katya

katya

Hi jruth

Have you managed to get any support from where you are doing your placement or study? :hug1:
Yeah, they're supporting me really well; I just don't think I can mentally, emotionally do it.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

I really admire you for doing this and dealing with the depression. :clap:

Are you able to take a break, have a sabbatical or defer? :hug1:

katya

katya

This is my second time trying. So I don't know if taking time out would help. I've already tried that in a way.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

It sounds like you certainly feel you need to focus on your health at the moment. I strongly believe that if you take time out, there will be a way to go back to training in what you are passionate about or something similar. :hug1:

If you stopped and had some time away from the course,at some point when the time is right, perhaps you could even start volunteering in a role with children, so you have a focus and can enhance your C.V. :hug1:

katya

katya

I feel a bit more positive today. In the grand scheme of things, I've fucked up one observation. But I can have another one. It doesn't mean I'll fail. I just need to be more organised and resilient to give the kids the best they deserve. It's such a hard job to do when you're depressed, though.