• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

lost all hope

K

kmchug

I feel like I am banging my head off a brick wall trying to help myself but I feel like I am getting no where. I feel like giving up. it feels like constant battle and its not worth the effort anymore. I am making the lives of those around me an absolute nightmare and every response I ask for help is negative. I cant seem to get a break, feel relief. any suggestions anyone?

Parissa

Parissa

What are you doing to make others lives a nightmare? Are you basically in such a bad way that you are not behaving as good as you would like?

You seem to be in a bad way. It sounds like you need to rest a lot, write how you are feeling and try and get to the bottom of what is going on for you.

:hug1:

K

kmchug

my depression and negativity is boring other people. all I need is someone to show that they understand my depression and help me to break free

Parissa

Parissa

Other people don't usually understand or want to, except those that are very close, like a mum for example. Nobody else, except maybe my gran, was interested in me when i was depressed. They vanished.

If it is validation you seek, i suggest a counsellor as they are professional validators. A GP doesn't have time, a CPN has another agenda often and a psychiatrist wants to medicate your feelings away.

Have you tried medication to get rid of the depression? This works for some people or for many it half works, leaving the psychological behind but getting rid of the worst of it whilst you work on the psychological. A counsellor though,, they are priceless. Writing on here in a journal helps me too.