• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lost A Friend

P

PickAName

I recently had a falling out with one of my closest friends who I've know for 11 years.

To cut a long story short, we recently went camping together ( a group of about 7 of us) which was great, but there's this one guy I have never really gelled with (I find them to be quite arrogant and negative all the time) so it was quite awkward. I confided in my friend about this, but found out that not only had they been telling them exactly what I was saying, but they were also discussing extremely personal things about me that I had told them in confidence. When I confronted him, he told me he was doing it for my own good and to help the situation.

I obviously didn't take this lying down, so when I explained that is unacceptable to me, he pretty much turned on me and told me that everyone has been saying that I ruined their vacation, that I have a mental disorder (I do suffer from anxiety) and they can no longer talk to me until I get help because they're sick of being around me.

To give this more context: This person has let me down in so many situations. They have left me stranded in the middle of nowhere after a night out several times, they didn't show up to my birthday because they were 'ill' but I later saw facebook photos of them hanging out with the person I don't like. I bought them tickets to a concert, they left early and left me there by myself. When I confronted them about it they said they were 'bored' and I should have just stayed by myself if I wanted to stay so badly.

But I still can't help but feel sad...

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am sorry this happened t you. They don't sound like very good friends. I hope you find some better ones in the future.

Are you receiving any help for your anxiety? might help a bit

Welcome to the forum btw xxx

Kerome

Kerome

There's only one thing for it, make a new friend! That will help you get over things and help give some additional ways to stretch your social legs.

It's never fun when long time friends turn out to be, well, scumbags, when push comes to shove.

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

Friends like that you can do without! I suffer from anxiety too but am very careful what friends etc know about it. When you are having a bad time there is nothing worse than feeling you are not supported or understood.
Glad you have found this forum as folks around here do understand.