losing the will..has anyone ever had this obsession before?

A

alphacharlie1

Hi so I’ve recently started Fluoxetine 20mg for the first time ever 7 days ago to help with severe POCD/HOCD/ROCD (I’m a lad), don’t really know if it’s working much yet although I did have a couple of really obsession free days last weekend.

Anyway, one of my Hocd triggers a while ago was a guy who works in a supermarket where I’m from, I don’t know the person at all, I just get mad triggered whenever I see them and I don’t know why, it’s like I can’t get their face out of my head and I hate it because it’s iust some random lad?? Anyway, last night I was on Instagram as you do and stumbled this person’s instagram profile and I’ve been stuck in a mental loop since then I just can’t get them out of my head and I keep thinking things like I’m a freak why am I thinking about some random person who I’ll never meet I literally just saw them in a shop once.

Can anyone relate? I feel that because i viewed them as a trigger, when I found the insta profile it just sent alarm bells throughout me. I’m panicking quite a lot and thought I was doing well. Any help would be really appreciated!

Skynet

Skynet

This certainly sounds like OCD (intrusive thoughts or pure obsessions) and I understand how troubling it can be. But remember that SSRIs like fluoxetine take months to work on high doses (higher than 20 mg); 7 days is just not enough time.