losing the plot

megirl

megirl

Where to start.
well 3 weeks ago my mother-in-law came down from the north island for a break to get her on the track to getting well.
She has had a lot going on and depressed, anxious and overwhelmed easily.
She has no home at the moment as they sold their property and as it sold at a loss and they have some mortgages on 4 rentals they have the money went straight to the bank.
Her husband and her a apart at the moment. He wont sell anything and making her life a misery,
She has been seen by the psychogeratric team who are hopefully going to review her meds. They saw her yesterday and were awesome.Then she started going on and on...worrying bout fucking everything me almost having to tell her how to turn the kettle on it was just everything. I couldnt calm her down. I ended up somehow getting myself to work shaking like a leaf wanting to cry etc.
Today she has hardly said anything I arent saying much either as i dont want her to go off again.
Feeling horrible as couldnt cope with her :eek:
Hubby came home i was still at work and he said the kitchen looked like a tornado had hit it.
Another 16 days to go...
Felt like putting myself in to the psych ward yesterday. Cos shes over 65 she fits under the care of a different service at least they came out to see her.
Took her to the supermarket yesterday felt so overwhelmed with her felt like running. But today feels a lot better than today as I say havnt really spoke to her much today, feel bad about this

Mark_01

Mark_01

Sounds like a difficult situation, megirl, hope things get better for you soon.

Fuscia

Fuscia

Is it the stress of the visit that is making you feel you need to use your green card? Use it if you need to megirl x

krista

krista

how is it going?

it sounds awful.. I hope it gets easier with time

take care

K

Katss

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Its not good if you have difficulties yourself and then someone comes who has multiple issues going on aswel? Who is supposed to help her it sounds like there are so many issues with this that maybe it is just too much, what is your husband doing or planning to do?

katss

megirl

megirl

We are kind of ok. Psych services are involved and at the moment coming out daily. They hav changed her meds. So hoping we are getting somewhere.
I am also checking in with my support worker.
So i do feel better i feel like my load has lightened and am to contact services as needed as we will. Poor lady its so sad
I am off to bed just feel shattered.
Tomorrow is another day

Last edited:
megirl

megirl

Well my mother in law went back home, shes now in the psychiatric hospital.
Shes not well at all. Gets very fixated on things, easily overwhelmed, and delusional.
Apparantly its all due to grief.
Anyway at least shes now in the right place.I went and used my greencard the weekend before she left as i couldnt cope with her.
At least shes in the best place, of course she doesnt think so, sad
it may take months

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GaryC123 Bipolar Forum 2