• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

losing my mind

K

kat

Founding Member
hi im new to this,but need to help.i have suffered from depression and anxerty for almost 11 years.i take 150 of velafacine(i think thats how u spell it) a day. i used to self harm and recently started again as my last resort. in the last month i have been having mood swings one moment being ok and the next really depressed.the slightest thing happens and i just fly off the handle.and cry.i just cant cope.i dont want to die or anything like that but feel i cant handle feeling like this.i have on reason to feel like this what makes it worse.i tell my docter and he said i have to just do something to distacked my self.cant seem to be able to do that.my partner only listens if i keep going on at him or just tells me he is to stressed to listen to my problems and says thats what i have got my tablets for.if i want to see my gp i have to book a week before so i cant go on the days i feel bad.any help,advice will be great.:(

D

Dollit

Just because you can't go to see the GP on the days you feel bad doesn't mean to say that you can't talk about the days you feel bad and what happens. The GP will understand that sometimes you have days that are better than others. It is a good idea to have a hobby or do something to try to stop you thinking about things. I walk a lot and do some voluntary work but I also value quiet time when I can just sit and try to be calm. Glad you're here and :welcome:

K

kat

Founding Member
thanks.i find it hard to talk to him as i have a few health issuses and i go in feel silly about talking about my desssion and just say that im coping.and just tell him about my anxerty. but im so confussed now that i dont know how i feel.weather im anxsious because im depressed or depressed because im anxsious.i know it sounds weird.also i dont liketo say much as i have a little girl who i hide this all from her.and dont want my life to efect her.

D

Dollit

Never feel silly about talking to a doctor about depression Kat, it's a very real thing. Your other health issues could be affected by your depression and anxiety and the depression and anxiety could be affected by the other health issues. That's why it's worth talking to your doctor about it. Next time you go why don't you just copy what you've written on your first post here and say that you'd like them to read it because that's how you feel and you have trouble talking about it? I'm glad you can talk here. :hug:

K

kat

Founding Member
thanks thats a good idea.i think i will right him a letter.thank you for your advice.im glad i have found this site.im one of those people who sweep it under the carpet when i feel fine for a day then when im bad i panick.but i think im going to have to sort it out.its true when im ill i get very depressed.i suffer from sinus head aces the last 5 to 7 days and come about every 2 weeks. i have tryed every thing to sort them out nothing helps, and pain killers dont work,so i get very stressed about it. talking is helping as this is a forbidden suject around friends when partner is with me. he is ashamed of it i think. i also am ashamed about how i feel and dont like to admit it to myself some days.

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hello kat and:welcome: to MHF, I am sure you will make a few new friends here that will listen to you and offer great support/advice.:hug:

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
hello kat :welcome:

i know that anxiety / depression / depression / anxiety cycle ... :scared:

one feeds off the other and its hard to tell which came first ( chickens and eggs (perhaps appropriate for the season :unsure:..

but anyway .. keep posting.. (sometimes i find this a nice distraction (especially the sillyness that goes on in the cafe :)... or just a place to offload some of the negativity (someone will usually respond and make you feel you are not alone

:flowers::hug:

Sine

Sine

Founding Member
Dear Kat,

I have just read your post from yesterday. I too am on venlafaxine and have been for 11 years, with other health issues. I feel I know you! My husband has had two breakdowns in the last 11 years and still receives counselling and meds. So I feel I have to keep everything from him as he wouldn't be able to cope. However, my two 20something kids also have mental health problems (is it genetic!?) and are going through hell at the moment. I feel like a pressure cooker that's going to blow soon. However, what I wanted to say is I have felt like this before and I began to learn to manage it. I got better and know that I will have depressive episodes in the future but am getting better with trying to cope.

I keep a journal and when I feel like this, I pour it all out! The language is appalling and yes, I have shown my Psychiatrist occasionally. He says at least he knows where he is with me. Then after a few days, I read it back and realise I'm not feeling so bad. Really, its whatever works.

But I too am so pleased that I have found this site - I don't feel guilty about telling anyone all this! Please keep your chin up and ride it out because you are worth it!!

Speak soon.

XXXXX

K

kat

Founding Member
thank you every one for your support.today i feel a little better because i know i can finally talk to people who know how i feel.you all seem to be so strong and positive,i wish one day i could be as well. you'll right it is like the chicken and the egg. i think it runs in the family as other members of my family have metal health problems.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
thank you every one for your support.today i feel a little better because i know i can finally talk to people who know how i feel.you all seem to be so strong and positive,i wish one day i could be as well. you'll right it is like the chicken and the egg. i think it runs in the family as other members of my family have metal health problems.
This is rather late to reply Kat but I think your partner does'nt really understand what you are going through and I would suggest (as dollit has) going to your gp and maybe getting referred to some support groups where you can talk about these issues in the open.
Alternatively you could look in on the forum for some support :)