• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Losing my job!

P

patchwork-me

Dear Tally
Further to my recent letter you are still absent from work and depite requests youhave failed to contact us tonexplain your reasons for absence.
You are therefore requested to attend an investigatory hearing details are as follows;
Date: Friday 7th May
Time: 11.00am
Venue: Managers Office

The purpose of the investigatory hearing is to:
Establish the reason of your absence
Listen to your response as to why you have not contacted the store in line with our procedure
Explain why you have failed to respond to our requests to contact us
Decide whether to convene a disciplinary hearing

You have the right to be represented at this hearing by either a trained colleague representative, a store colleague or shop steward. If you choose to be represented please let me know as soon as possible who your representative ill be. If you need any help arranging representation or there is a problem with the date then please contact me.

I must advise you that if you do not attend this investigatory hearing or fail to contatc us, then we will appoint a representative on your behalf and will hold it in your absence.

As we are currently unaware of your reasons for being absent you will not be eligible for company sick pay.
Yours sincerely
J*** * R*******
People Manager

What the hell do i do? :cry:

P

patchwork-me

I suffer from phone anxiety, they know my situation and i have sent the a letter

S

*Sapphire*

Hey try to calm down. Can you go online and look up the CAB?

Or do you have a support worker who can speak to your work for you? Or a member of the family or a friend?

What about email?

If this is too much to think about today then try to do something to take your mind off it, over-thinking it and getting upset is probably not going to help your mood and won't help the situation.

I had to leave work a few years ago through sickness, I thought it was going to be the end of my world but it wasn't, in fact it was an opportunity to put my health first.

Try not to catastrophise, these things can be sorted. :hug:

E

edgeoftheworld

Sapphire is right. Try not to catastrophize.

I think you should phone them and explain things honestly. I know what is like, you may be embarrassed to tell them, fear telling them for what they will think of you, and so on.

But at the end of the day, they are running a business and need to know where their staff are :) . You have a responsibility to them too and you should honour that.

If you play your part then everything will be fine. If you do this I dont think you will lose your job as it would be classed as discrimination. If you dont feel up to it then contact them by some other means. But DO contact them. BIte the bullet and get it done!

Good luck :)

P

patchwork-me

Sapphire, me and my boyfriend went camping saturday night, a stress free weekend he said :)
He told me not to worry about it, if i do lose my job then we'll work something out, other people advised me to lie and say i didnt receive the letter in time and to quickly get a sick note so they could not sack me but to be honest i'm not going to lie to them, i gave them a letter explaining everything (even though they knew most anyway) but if i'm honest with myself i think it'll be a lot easier to start a fresh somewhere new anyway, i have another employer who can give me a reference if i need one as he is more of a friend than an employer (i'm his evening carer). But i really dont think i can return to work there now. But i think i'm okay with that, i need to sort myself out first and then hopefully get a job that is more than 18hours a week!!

S

*Sapphire*

I'm pleased you managed to get away. It really helps put some perspective on things.

I hope you can now relax and take good care of yourself. I am off work now too, I know how you feel :hug:

P

patchwork-me

Sapphire, me and my boyfriend have decided to go travelling. Hopefully before 2012 if we can raise the funds, i cant wait! This could be just what i need :D

A

Adi01

Sapphire, me and my boyfriend went camping saturday night, a stress free weekend he said :)
He told me not to worry about it, if i do lose my job then we'll work something out, other people advised me to lie and say i didnt receive the letter in time and to quickly get a sick note so they could not sack me but to be honest i'm not going to lie to them, i gave them a letter explaining everything (even though they knew most anyway) but if i'm honest with myself i think it'll be a lot easier to start a fresh somewhere new anyway, i have another employer who can give me a reference if i need one as he is more of a friend than an employer (i'm his evening carer). But i really dont think i can return to work there now. But i think i'm okay with that, i need to sort myself out first and then hopefully get a job that is more than 18hours a week!!
Patchwork, if you are settled in your mind and content to leave in order to travel than i am delighted for you. However, if you are running away from this and you are merely trying to convince yourself that leaving is the best thing than you are not doing yourself any favours. i wish you the best of luck....