• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Losing it

Star-28

Star-28

almost got out of bed last night to vent my misery on here, but I finally fell asleep. My hallucinations are getting worse. This damn medication is not working. I have only been on it a week, but seems like im just getting worse. The past two nights I have heard big time voices, and I saw a cat jump over my chair and run into my closet. We do not have any animals in or near the house.

I was asking my boyfriend if the tv was too loud and he said he couldn't hear anything. I went in the other room and the tv was off. I just could not believe how much noise and talking I could hear when sitting in silence. And I heard a man calling my name. It sounded as though he was far away in a tunnel. What the hell is going on?????

I mean I have heard of things getting worse before they get better but damn!!! :mad:

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi star sorry you had to go through that antiphycotics can take 8 weeks to get into your system and stay there take care diddy:D

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Sorry to hear that, the medications tend to have a paradoxical affect and make you psychotic while your going onto them in my experience.

A

Affective

almost got out of bed last night to vent my misery on here, but I finally fell asleep. My hallucinations are getting worse. This damn medication is not working. I have only been on it a week, but seems like im just getting worse. The past two nights I have heard big time voices, and I saw a cat jump over my chair and run into my closet. We do not have any animals in or near the house.

I was asking my boyfriend if the tv was too loud and he said he couldn't hear anything. I went in the other room and the tv was off. I just could not believe how much noise and talking I could hear when sitting in silence. And I heard a man calling my name. It sounded as though he was far away in a tunnel. What the hell is going on?????

I mean I have heard of things getting worse before they get better but damn!!! :mad:
Star, it's almost like I wrote that. I have had similar experiences to what you have mentioned. I just tell myself that voices cannot control me, nor can they hurt me. I understand they are distressing, but there are coping techniques such as listening to music when you hear them. But if you are really worried that your medication is making you worse, talk to your Doctor.

Star-28

Star-28

im going back to the doc in one week. it seems some things are getting better while others are getting worse. this is a new med so if it doesnt work Im going back to my security blanket (Risperdal). I know it works

A

Affective

im going back to the doc in one week. it seems some things are getting better while others are getting worse. this is a new med so if it doesnt work Im going back to my security blanket (Risperdal). I know it works
I hope you feel better soon my friend :)

Star-28

Star-28

thanks everybody!! I love all of you!! Great friends indeed :grouphug: