• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Losing Hope & Weight!!

CrazyPilot

CrazyPilot

Obviously, most people are out of sorts due to lockdown. I was very active during the evenings and weekends but now that’s limited to short walks and quick jogs. I’ve lost 10kg in over a year as I do not eat as much due to not being as active. My sleep pattern is all over the place and I am constantly tired, yawning, grumpy and my memory/brain is now working at 50%

Apart from the usual drink lots of water and exercise (Which I still do) what tonic or vitamins can help boost my appetite and help with sleep and general feeling of being tired and slow?

I also suffer from Psoriasis and due to lockdown and work stress (Accounts) it is making my skin condition much worse and the Enstilar treatment is not really working! I use natural shower/bath products but I think my body is just rundown so nothing is helping with that and it can be quite painful at times.

My anxiety does not help and is not being helped by my sudden lifestyle change due to Covid. In addition, in 2014 my Mam died from lung Cancer and in 2017 & 2018 I lost 2 newborn babies and I was not present at both births due to my partners decision. To date I do not know where they were born and under what circumstances they died. Obviously, this had a very negative effect and I ended up in Pieta House and in Beamount hospital on 2 occasions!!

Myself and my partner split up shortly after the 2nd baby passed away and I am now trying to find out what happened. She advised Tusla it was a miscarriage but she was full term on both and I was not told of any issues until I arrived home to work to find my then partner with no bump and no baby!! I am now at a point where I will forget and move or seek legal advice?

Any help or advise would be gratefully appreciated as I can feel myself slipping back down into depression and it’s not where I want to be and my emotions are constantly all over the place.

Thank you, stay safe

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

I am so sorry to hear that you’ve been going through all of this. This is some serious events in your life. It’s best just to take a step back in times like this and reevaluate maybe it’s good that you guys are splitting up for the time being maybe it’s not permanent. I hope you can regain your balance and take the steps that are necessary to regain control of your life and mental health. Good luck on your mental health recovery and I hope and wish you and your loved ones well. I know it’s difficult losing a loved one especially a newborn child. I’m sympathetic and I hope that you know that you are strong enough to overcome this. Take care