• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Losing a grip on reality

T

Thomas B

Lately I have been feeling like I don't belong in this world and that everyone and everything around me is insufficient, I feel as if this world is not where I belong, I will be watching a tv show or playing a game and feel like that is where I belong and that everything that happens is reality. When I am not playing a game or watching a tv show I feel lost and lonely and wish that I can leave this world and join theirs and i imagine myself in their worlds and I am happy and I am at peace with myself, even now while I type this I feel like I need to join their world and that are reality is pointless and has no meaning

S

Slyorbital

Former member
:welcome:Thomas B I hope you find help and support here and find a way to feel comfortable in the real world not watching tv and playing games.We are here to listen to you and support you.You can make friends on here.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Thomas, from my perspective there is nothing wrong with you. You are intuitively sensing that this reality isn't all there is. It's a spiritual dilemma.

J

JustSo

Hi Thomas I understand what you're going through I feel the same way. It's like my life isn't real like I'm part of tv series or game. I lose sense of reality. I'm here if you need to talk 🙂

A

Alphabet soup

Personally I cant handle television and video games, it spawns a very unhealthy cycle in myself. I do completely understand the feeling of wholeness when engulfed in a more preferable alternate storyline than is offered in our world.
This world often sucks and its easy to find a space that we find more enjoyable, I mean just look at all the people striving to achieve a fantasy filled life of luxury, a society where once you "succeed" you are beautiful no matter what, everyone wants you at their party, money is not a worry, and everything goes on without a hitch.

Maybe thats just the rest of the world building a false reality for themselves, but I think they are just as confused as us, they just dont care to question why.