• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Looking for suggestions

T

TaylorLeigh

Hi. I'm Taylor, a dent student with another year to go. Long story short, when I was 11 going on 12, my brother became depressed and suicidal, constantly threatening to wrap his car around a tree in front of my parents etc for about 5 yrs. My dad, though a good guy, has always been relatively inactive and not emotionally available in our lives. My mom is an excessive worrier and so instead of expressing my fear over my brothers situation, I would cry in the basement alone until the early morning hours.

Because I feared death, I would compulsively pray for at least 4 hrs per night until everything was just perfect. That lasted for about 4 yrs in secret until I couldn't take it anymore. I turned to compulsive internet use for comfort and about 3 yrs ago, to obsessive alcohol use and continuing internet use. My husband isn't happy about (alcohol) that and neither am I... but I've been trapped for 17 yrs in one way or another and I can't seem to help myself with getting stuck on EVERYTHING. Any suggestions? Thanks.

T

TaylorLeigh

LOL... Not a very busy forum eh? Good thing I'm not suicidal or something. I'd be gone by now... Just kidding ;)

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi - sorry you've not had any replies so far - welcome to the forum. I don't really have any suggestions for you, I'm afraid, other than speaking to your doctor or finding a therapist. I'm new to the US so am just finding out how things work here. Hope you stick around :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1