Looking for someone to talk to...

L

LiaCroft97

Hi, I am 20 years old and am someone who hears voices. I find it hard to talk about them in real life, but would really like to discuss the experience sometimes. So I'm looking for someone who goes through the same thing, so we can talk about our experiences with voices. If anyone is interested in this drop me a private message or reply so I can message you.

Thank you

-Lia

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and :welcome: to the forum. I used to hear voices that were highly destructive and negative to me. since changing several anti psychotics I no longer hear them. Are yours good or bad to you? I don't like PMing so answer on here if you don't mind. I hope others will be along soon to talk with you as well.

L

LiaCroft97

Hi :) Thanks for replying! I hear five different voices, each with a distinct character. 2 of them are good, 1 is definitely bad, and 2 of them can be good or bad, depending on their mood and mine. When you heard voices did they have names and individual personalities or did they present themselves in another way?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Hello, I've been hearing voices for about 19 years. They used to be very negative and bring me down but since 3 years ago they have calmed down and gotten more positive. I hear them on and off every day, and now they often help me do things, like giving me ideas on how to get something done. I guess we have learned to live with each other. But they can still be negative occasionally, especially when I get upset or super stressed out about something.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I've been hearing voices for 2 and half years so far, in the beginning he pretended to be multiple people but I've since realised I'm dealing with a singular consciousness.

In essence he's my twin brother that shares a body with me, he's the worst human being I've ever encountered and he loves nothing more than to talk non-stop all day long and torture me physically even though I've tried my best to be nice to him.

For the past 2 years I've not said a word to him yet he keeps on talking, singing, begging and ranting and messing about with our body, he can make my eyes twitch as well as the corners of my mouth when I'm smiling which is terrible when I'm with other people and he can give me pins and needles in various parts of our body, he used to be able to do a lot more but thanks to medication he can only do those things to me now and the volume of his voice has been reduced to barely 5% of his un-medicated volume so he's easier to handle.