• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

looking for some help

S

sadmom

Hello to everyone! I guess you know that you are at your lowest when you really need a friend to talk with.That"s why I came here.How the heck have you all come so far dealing with anxiety??? I have had dealings with it before but not to the point where I am struggling all day.I truly wish I could feel better and find the old me.LOL
Love to all of you who are in this boat and to those who have gotten out on their own.:)

S

starfish

sadmom

i have been suffering with anxiety all day long,the fact that it is internal makes it so much worse. i am slowly getting better, not on my own, but with the help of my family and my mht.

S

sadmom

thank you!

thanks for taking the time to reply,may I ask what you mean by internal?I think I know what you mean.I have this horrible fear at all times that this is not anxiety,I know my middle daughter is going through the same as I but I am much older.Just so sad.Its a shame people are like this.I hope your day gets better.

P

pinkmetalgirl

Anxiety's a git. I'd choose voices and psychosis over it 9 times out of 10. When it's bad it's like every minute lasts for hours cus your brain works so damn quickly tying itself up in knots (or at least mine does).

Just thought I'd post and say hi and that I'm thinking of you both. Hang in there

It's beatable. It can (just) take some time (and support)

x PMG

S

sadmom

pinkmetalgirl

Hello, thanks so much for the reply! What you say makes a lot of sense.I just have had health issues here at home with a daughter I love so much that have changed me and I guess it's hard for me to adjust,to the anxiety that is.I just keep trying to think the opposite when the down thoughts start coming.

Stay strong and thanks again!:)

P

pinkmetalgirl

Hey :)

Hope things are getting a little easier this week.

Hang in there and keep talking (you'll find that lots of us on here have struggled with anxiety - there's a section especially for it elsewhere on the forum, so that's a really good place to post to get some support)

Also, have you looked at Anxiety UK? My mum joined them a few years back and they were pretty good. They have info, a helpline and all that - http://www.anxietyuk.org.uk

take care x

S

starfish

anxiety

thanx for the replies and info. internal means on the inside, that people cannot see but we feel, and :grouphug: its hell.

J

Jane69

hi there- I used to have terrible anxiety....have you tried any form of counselling or therapy- I found a variety of stuff really helped me- acupuncture, meditation groups and most helpful of all some holistic counselling using theta healing with a woman in Manchester......

Also- spending some time every day doing positive visulisation- eventually I started to understand what was the underlying reasons for me getting so worked up...it took some time and I did take SSRIs as well but I found this combination really helped me.

Jane
x

A

amystor

amystor

I am new to this forum. I have found using flower essences and essential oils helpful in getting rid of anxiety feelings. Although sometimes these therapies reveal traumas that were forgotten, so be forewarned about that. I can usually get rid of anxiety feelings in a few minutes. I think there is usually something deeper behind it all, though. I have used them less recently to see if I can just deal with stuff rather than chasing the feelings away. At least if the feeling is managed it gives a person the chance to make necessary changes and address the issue rather than being sidelined with feelings of overwhelm and anxiety.
Best wishes to you.

A

amystor

More ideas on anxiety...Re antidepressants, if you prefer to stay natural try beets, particularily beet kvass. Beets promote serotonin according to Mind Boosting Secrets a book by an MD whose name I don't recall. I have found beet juice esp fermented beet kvass to be very grounding and gets me into the present moment very quickly. Literally out of a psychotic type of depression within minutes. Also using amino acids supplements or good homemade meat soups, or hemp seeds (all high in amino acids) makes me more grounded, confident, less anxiety prone.
Hope these suggestions may be helpful. I sometimes neglect these protocols myself and just choose to feel the feelings. The abuse behind it all was just utterly ridiculous. If that's the way I was to be treated in life, then frankly life does not deserve my best healthiest personality. The way women are treated in particular by our alcoholic infested militarist sickness promoting systems is abominable. Sometimes I just say fuck it and be "symptomatic." Until we choose to treat ourselves and one another better these mental illnesses are the results we are going to have.