• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Looking for Relief

S

Snowshoes68

Sometimes I wish I had people close to my that I trust to tell when I have a bad day or suicidal thoughts. I wish I could describe my struggles and how it poorly affects my life.

I don't have anyone who I can tell. In fact most people close to me would hurt me in some way if I told them (call the police, tell me it's my fault for being sad, not want to be friends).

But I start to obsess over it in my head and I can't let these thoughts go. I just ruminate over being able to tell someone and hang on to them so I can't heal and move past it. It's a complete obsession and I'm looking for help on things I can do to get rid of it in my head.

S

sab1978

Have you told your doctor about what’s going on in your head?

Murasakibee

Murasakibee

Sometimes I wish I had people close to my that I trust to tell when I have a bad day or suicidal thoughts. I wish I could describe my struggles and how it poorly affects my life.

I don't have anyone who I can tell. In fact most people close to me would hurt me in some way if I told them (call the police, tell me it's my fault for being sad, not want to be friends).

But I start to obsess over it in my head and I can't let these thoughts go. I just ruminate over being able to tell someone and hang on to them so I can't heal and move past it. It's a complete obsession and I'm looking for help on things I can do to get rid of it in my head.
You can always talk to me,.I've been in a similar position to you before. So if it helps I can listen to your problems

D

Daringdan

Sometimes I listen to music that I find really emotionally evocative and then try and truly feel the lyrics as they play or mouth the lyrics since I'm not much of a singer. I kind of silently yell the lyrics with as much passion as I can muster just to shift my thoughts and feelings.

S

Snowshoes68

Have you told your doctor about what’s going on in your head?
I don't have a doctor right now because I've had some bad luck with ones in the past

S

Snowshoes68

You can always talk to me,.I've been in a similar position to you before. So if it helps I can listen to your problems
Thank you, your support is much appreciated. Very kind of you to offer

S

Snowshoes68

Sometimes I listen to music that I find really emotionally evocative and then try and truly feel the lyrics as they play or mouth the lyrics since I'm not much of a singer. I kind of silently yell the lyrics with as much passion as I can muster just to shift my thoughts and feelings.
Yes, I connect to the emotions of music too. Right now I've been on a super happy/peppy playlist which is very much not what I'm feeling right now lol.

Sometimes sounds feel bad in my head though...