• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Looking for help

C

Charliepoo

I am a 40-year-old mother of 2 (2 1/2 and 6 months) and am experiencing frequent urges to hurt my children. It's as if there is another person inside me who just wants to see what it would feel like. Sometimes I find myself struggling with that part of me and it is so scary.

I am terrified that one day I might do something to one of them - it would break my heart and ruin my life.

I have tried to talk with my partner about it, but he says I would never hurt them and shouldn't worry about it.

We are living abroad and I do not think there are qualified counselors here, so I am looking for some help.

Thanks a lot.

Charlie

D

Dollit

Where are you living? The country will do, not the town or city.

C

Charliepoo

Where are you living? The country will do, not the town or city.
We are in Hanoi, Vietnam; moving to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania next week.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

T

Twylight

Is this similar ?

I know some secrets about my friends and I'm always scared i'll spill the beans and ruin their lives.
But it's been 15 years and I never have.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Well done Dollit, I've just been looking for 15 mins to see if I could find anything in Tanzania and couldn't. It seems your right and theres not much help, but I honestly do hope you get the help you need because as a mother I can see that it must be hell for you.:hug:

C

Charliepoo

I know some secrets about my friends and I'm always scared i'll spill the beans and ruin their lives.
But it's been 15 years and I never have.
Yes, maybe. That's what my partner says - you think about it, but that doesn't mean you would do anything; you won't. Maybe this is just a stressful time, having two little ones and moving continents and all. I just wonder - what if it isn't like that and I don't get help and then I do something to one of them? That is too horrible to imagine. So I will look for a Western counsellor when we get settled and try not to be alone with them too much in the meantime.

invise

invise

How long you been feeling like this? Maybe its some form of post-natal depression? Did you feel like this after having your first child? Being a bloke I dont know much about these things, just a thought though. Hope you get to see someone soon.