• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Looking for help and support.

M

mlaite13

Hi forum friends,
I would like to know if you have and helpful guidance for someone who struggles with major depression and anxiety. I am working closely with family and friends, a psychiatrist, family doctor, counselor, etc. But, I want to know if people who have already been where I am have any helpful tips, advice, or suggestions on how to go from being down to functioning at a normal level?

G

greatfulmomoftwo

I have and it's a dark place to be. What helped me most was setting small small obtainable goals each day. Set a routine as much as possible and Stay out of bed. Keep talking to those supporting you and keep your appointments. You can do this...I will be praying for you

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Distraction is the key for me!! I manage to hold down a job cause when im there people depend on me and I can't let them down! Its not in my nature.
If I'm at home and can manage to motivate myself enough to leave the house I take my dog out :) I pick the lonliest, quietest walks so I dont have to deal with the public.
I used to live video games but recently gave up on them, I've been recommended final fantasy so when I can afford to I will treat myself :)
Also this forum is very supportive, lots of lovely wonderful empathetic people!! And we understand what its like cause were there too.