• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Looking for advice/help on what to do about my brother

J

johnl89

My 19 year old brother just attempted suicide 2 nights ago, thankfully he is fine and currently at a psychiatric clinic. This wasn't the first time he tried to do so but this was the first time I learned about it. He claimed to have a mental illness and in his notes that he had written he talked how he couldn't physically move sometimes and that he thought the doctors were going to stick wires in his body and throw it in the dumpster, he also drew a lot eyes and strange self-portraits. Me and my family believe this has to do with his a use of anti-depressants and fear of failing grades of college. For most of our childhoods my mother suspected he may have had autism. I just want advice on what to do or say and I'm not really sure if this is the place to come to.

Crazyswede

Crazyswede

I have not been here long either John, but have found this to be a very friendly place. I can’t help directly but am sure that someone will come along soon, who may be able to offer some practical advice.

J

johnl89

I have not been here long either John, but have found this to be a very friendly place. I can’t help directly but am sure that someone will come along soon, who may be able to offer some practical advice.
Thank you for the concern.

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You can put protection around your brother by saying this for him .

J

johnl89

No offence but the rosary doesnt help people in these situations
Anything helps, we use to talk about religion and philosophy quite a bit and both had an interest in those studies without being religious ourselves. I hope to give comfort.

D

Deleted member 92692

Anything helps, we use to talk about religion and philosophy quite a bit and both had an interest in those studies without being religious ourselves. I hope to give comfort.
Aye but bro im from a catholic family, ive seen the bollocks in action. Placebo pills do more good than that nonsense

J

johnl89

Aye but bro im from a catholic family, ive seen the bollocks in action. Placebo pills do more good than that nonsense
If the anti-depressants don't work then what does? I don't wish to be combative but it seems like you're being negative for the sake of it rather than give real advice.

D

Deleted member 92692

If the anti-depressants don't work then what does? I don't wish to be combative but it seems like you're being negative for the sake of it rather than give real advice.
Ill help anyone in whatever way I can. But when it comes bible bashing, na im sorry does no good for anyone. If it worked my family would still be kicking cause they were all catholic bible bashers.

J

johnl89

Ill help anyone in whatever way I can. But when it comes bible bashing, na im sorry does no good for anyone. If it worked my family would still be kicking cause they were all catholic bible bashers.
Well I guess that makes sense.

Crazyswede

Crazyswede

I am not religious at all. However, if their faith helps someone, them I have no problem with that.

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
No offence but the rosary doesnt help people in these situations
EVERYTHING IS ENERGY e=mc2 suicide is a vortex of extreme neg energy The name Archael Michael is a name used for thousands of years for a matrix of positive energy . Positive energy can overcome neg energy simple science . Because your family followed the catholic church which is nothing more than a political institution used to control people gather power and riches that hijacked religion all spirituality doesnt work ? . Which is like saying someone was in a car a accident and they died therefore all cars are bad ?

D

Deleted member 92692

EVERYTHING IS ENERGY e=mc2 suicide is a vortex of extreme neg energy The name Archael Michael is a name used for thousands of years for a matrix of positive energy . Positive energy can overcome neg energy simple science . Because your family followed the catholic church which is nothing more than a political institution used to control people gather power and riches that hijacked religion all spirituality doesnt work ? . Which is like saying someone was in a car a accident and they died therefore all cars are bad ?
Nope I have contempt for all forms of organised relgion equally. I'm an equal opportunity caller of bullocks. Quoting the fundamentals of general relativity does nothing for your argument by the way sorry 😈