• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Looking for a ketamine treatment

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

Looking for a ketamine treatment which allows people with a history of psychosis

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
Can you ask your psychiatrist if there are any trials?

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

I will ask him this Wednesday, but as far as I know there's only one place in the Netherlands where they do ketamine infusion and it requires that you do not have a history of psychosis in order to participate

D

Daringdan

I was interested in the same thing but my psychiatrist said that since I've had negative psychosis that they don't want to introduce me to a potential additional negative one. I see his point and I don't want more PTSD from bad psychosis trips. Just something to think about if you have had the same issue.

A

Allinmyhead

I was interested in the same thing but my psychiatrist said that since I've had negative psychosis that they don't want to introduce me to a potential additional negative one. I see his point and I don't want more PTSD from bad psychosis trips. Just something to think about if you have had the same issue.
Hi. My boyfriend had ketamine treatment years ago in Vermont. It was 2 or 3 sessions I think. He did not like it said he had a bad reaction ( I swear it had something to do with taking a lot of acid) it didn't help him but that was only his experience. I've actually considered it myself for life long depression. Good luck fellow seeker of peace.

J

Jwp1978

I have been prescribed ketamine for the past couple months . It has been a life changer. It is very intense so be prepared when you start treatment. But it has been great for me. The high is very short. It only lasts for about 30 minutes so if its a bad experience it will be over quickly. The effects linger for a few hours afterwards. I have suffered from depression my whole life and this has removed those feelings in 5 treatments. I recommend any one suffering serious depression to do this if possible.

L

lifecangetbetter

I wouldn't recommend ketamine infusions if you have psychosis. It just exacerbates it further. I skimmed meta analysis studies on it

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I have been prescribed ketamine for the past couple months . It has been a life changer. It is very intense so be prepared when you start treatment. But it has been great for me. The high is very short. It only lasts for about 30 minutes so if its a bad experience it will be over quickly. The effects linger for a few hours afterwards. I have suffered from depression my whole life and this has removed those feelings in 5 treatments. I recommend any one suffering serious depression to do this if possible.
I read that the treatments are expensive (at least here in the States), that the positive effects don't last very long (I forget how long--a week?), and that you need maintenance treatments. Once your maintenance treatments end, you're back to your depressed self. Is this all wrong?

L

lifecangetbetter

Guys, you need to remember OP has psychosis. It is very discouraged against for people who have psychosis and schizophrenia because it will just make it worse. The brain is very delicate