• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Looking at another blank page...

TheScribe

TheScribe

First of all, hello. How are you doing today? With all sincerity, I hope that you are doing well. If not, please accept my understanding that it’s okay that your not doing well because I have been feeling close to the same way lately.

For introduction purposes, and also privacy, you can call me Sparky. I’m choosing that because as a child, my family gave me the nickname Sparky the Storyteller. I’m 38 years old and have suffered from depression and anxiety since I was about 12 years old. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar II and have survived two attempts on ending my life, the most recent only being last summer.

It is my hope that I can help myself by offering help to others. As much as I love to write and tell stories, I truly enjoy listening and hearing about others lives. I want people who may be going through things like I am to know one truth that I have discovered through all my struggles. I want you to know that even when we seem to have no answers and we feel lost or alone, we are in fact, not alone and there is still hope!

The lives that we begin start every day as a blank page. Guess what? You are still holding the pen. When you feel weak, you still have the strength to decide what to write down. It can be good. It can be bad. Both happy or sad as well. Your choice is offered on that blank page.

That’s the reason I wanted to join here, because in my pursuit to find help for myself, I want to try and be there for others who need it as well. We are all human and what we live with does not define us. Mental health is something we have, not who we are. I’m tired of not knowing what the page will say tomorrow. All I know is I’m ready to know what I want it to say today.

Thank you for being you. Thank you for listening to what my page says. Thank you for still putting words down on the pages of your life. Please, continue to do so!

Acorn

Acorn

Hello and welcome to the forum

We’re happy to have you here