longing for control?

A

atlantis

wondering if anyone else here feels so lost in life, that they long for a bit of control?

someone just to tell them where to go next?

not like full on control, but someone who can tell you what should be next

i'm probably the only one- but i'm putting it out their anyway

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

ACCOUNT CLOSED
making decisions is far too stressful, it would be good to have someone decide stuff for you. But actually I hate it when anyone makes any decision for me, like when I wanted to redo my a levels but wasn't allowed. it still annoys me. Grrrr. Maybe because they always make the wrong choice.

S

sunnyrain

I feel the same way. I don't have the will to do anything and the smallest decisions cause a lot of anxiety. even something as simple deciding what to eat. I starve myself because I can't make that simple decision. like, I just want some one to bring me a plate of food and tell me to eat, I'm sure I would. it's simple things like that I need some one to take control of. other things I lose it if I don't have control.

Reach

Reach

I feel a bit lost and aimless so i would really like someone to tell me what to do, and tell me it'll all be okay. I guess it depends on your religious views as to whether you think someone is in control of your destiny.

I think when life gets hard, you want someone to hold your hand through it. I wish i wasn't alone with all my problems. Life seems so very hard doesn't it. Too many decisions to make, and too scared of making the wrong decision. When you have depression i think making the wrong decision can be disasterous. It is for me anyway.

S

sunnyrain

I think the scariest part is all the wrong decisions I have made in the past during episodes. I've really hurt people, even ruined my marriage. that was the hardest, not just because I lost my husband, but I feel like I've taken away my children's family.
I've made so many wrong decisions, and yet some right ones. but it's the negative things that linger inn my bipolar kind.
I think it's natural for us to want someone to walk us thru life, especially when we aren't strong enough to even stand on our own. but no one seems to get it, so we are left alone.