• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Long time isolated, now can't socialize

• Thread starter Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover
  • Start date
H

Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover

Hi guys, it's me again.
I haven't been here in a long time.
I wanted to believe i was going to be able to finish my life or get better at it. None has happened.
So, here I am, trying to read your thoughts on my issues that i keep having, and hope my brain makes connections that help me with it.
Lately, and I mean, for a couple of months, i have been dealing with kinda identity issues, i think i lost too much of who I used to be over my fight with mental illness, particularly on the social skills side. I don't really remember my being actually a social active person ever, at most i probably had 4, 5 friends over middle school and lost communication with them in high school, where I can only remember 2 friends, one was my girlfriend at that time. But to add to all of this, I can't remember any of them, not the birthdays, or other important dates, family names, or relatives, including my ex's parents names, and that quickly concerns me, is it just a really terrible memory, (at most I'm talking about 10 years), or am I just a horrible human being?
Now days, after years of isolation, i have contact with people, but never had a real connection with someone and i have tried but turns out its way complicated than i thought, i mean, i can't learn any about someone, i forget everything and that makes it look like i don't care at all about.
Someone has something similar?

N

Nate

Hi guys, it's me again.
I haven't been here in a long time.
I wanted to believe i was going to be able to finish my life or get better at it. None has happened.
So, here I am, trying to read your thoughts on my issues that i keep having, and hope my brain makes connections that help me with it.
Lately, and I mean, for a couple of months, i have been dealing with kinda identity issues, i think i lost too much of who I used to be over my fight with mental illness, particularly on the social skills side. I don't really remember my being actually a social active person ever, at most i probably had 4, 5 friends over middle school and lost communication with them in high school, where I can only remember 2 friends, one was my girlfriend at that time. But to add to all of this, I can't remember any of them, not the birthdays, or other important dates, family names, or relatives, including my ex's parents names, and that quickly concerns me, is it just a really terrible memory, (at most I'm talking about 10 years), or am I just a horrible human being?
Now days, after years of isolation, i have contact with people, but never had a real connection with someone and i have tried but turns out its way complicated than i thought, i mean, i can't learn any about someone, i forget everything and that makes it look like i don't care at all about.
Someone has something similar?
I have similar problems with interacting with people. I've had serious mental health problems pretty much my whole life. I have 3 people I interact with but not to intimately. I feel socially awkward around people in general. I can put on a front around people who I kind of know but inwardly I'm alone with my thoughts and emotions.