• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Long term effects from antidepressants.

Jleighm

Jleighm

Does anyone experience having a hard time feeling regular emotions such as excitement, happiness, joy? I was on anti depressants for a long time and I feel like I am experiencing long term effects from them. I got myself off them about two years ago and now take 150mg of quetiapine to which I have been on for two years.
For the longest time all I wanted to feel was numb because I couldn't handle my emotions.. now I have none besides feeling depressed, anxiety or on edge most of the time. I would love to be able to feel excited again.

Catty5

Catty5

Hello

I was in a similar condition. I was on Lexapro for 16 or more years. I quit it .....severe withdrawal then the relapse of severe depression followed (current).

Like you, while I was on Lexapro, I was numb. I was not depressed but I was not normally? happy. It’s hard to explain. Others told me i’m always calm. But it’s not true. I was unable to feel joy or excitement.