Long term Antidepressants for anxiety

I

Imhotep

I have been taking 2 antidepressants (Prozac and Wellbutrin) for 2 weems and I feel they are starting to help me, and I knkw they only reach their full effect withing 6-8 weeks so I should be feeling better soon.
I also have experience with these two as they have helped me a lot in the past, but this time I inted to keep on taking them.
My question is do these medication tend to stay as efficient and work for the long term, or at some point they just stop working? I really don't want my extreme anxiety to hut me again.

N

natalie

Hi,

On that basis, you do need a medication for anxiety conditons/problems. I have just started to take - myself, Pregabalin, and so far so good, it's an excellent form of anxiety med, and I am already notiicing positive effects, even though ah, I have just taken today, not now literally no, earlier on today, the 2nd dose of Pregablin, and the third one tonight, and then onwards, for a supply about a month.

I t hink you should return to the doctor, and enquire about Pregabalin, might take sometime to work and kick in, though, overall, I am satisfied, with Pregabalin.

Best Wishes,

Natalie.

G

gam9147

SSRIs like prozac can take some time to go into effect, its my understanding that they don't have less potency over time, but I could be wrong. Even if that was the case, you would likely just switch to a different one in the same class of medicine.

Depending on the particular issue your having, therapy is the true way to get a lasting effect, and its possible for many people to no longer need medication after significant amounts of therapy, if that gives you more hope :)

D

Dolly123

Hi,

On that basis, you do need a medication for anxiety conditons/problems. I have just started to take - myself, Pregabalin, and so far so good, it's an excellent form of anxiety med, and I am already notiicing positive effects, even though ah, I have just taken today, not now literally no, earlier on today, the 2nd dose of Pregablin, and the third one tonight, and then onwards, for a supply about a month.

I t hink you should return to the doctor, and enquire about Pregabalin, might take sometime to work and kick in, though, overall, I am satisfied, with Pregabalin.

Best Wishes,

Natalie.
DO these tablets your talking about have side effects

N

natalie

Fortunately no. These capsules do not have side effects. I do have other problems and not just mental health, however, thankfully, there are no side effects I'm not aware of with Pregabalin, which I have just started to take earlier this month. One warning; these ones may make sleepier feel, if that is t he case, do not use tools, machinery, or driving. This is a normal instruction however on any medication, warning I meant.

I hope this helps you, Dolly123.

D

Dolly123

DO these tablets your talking about have side effects
Fortunately no. These capsules do not have side effects. I do have other problems and not just mental health, however, thankfully, there are no side effects I'm not aware of with Pregabalin, which I have just started to take earlier this month. One warning; these ones may make sleepier feel, if that is t he case, do not use tools, machinery, or driving. This is a normal instruction however on any medication, warning I meant.

I hope this helps you, Dolly123.
Just wondered though do you live in england

D

Dolly123

Just wondered though do you live in england
Hi,

Best Wishes,

Natalie.
O

D

Dolly123

Hi,

Best Wishes,

Natalie.
Does this tablet have side effects