• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

long good story

P

passionfruit3

Hello everyone this will be my first post here.you can call me tiara.ive been dealing with depression since I was fourteen. My disorder would be something you may or may not have heard of. Its called conversion disorder.when I was fourteen my mother and father often got into crazy confrontations with my older sister. My reaction was to scream and cry from seeing what was going on.id be shaking and unable to stop and when I did stop I couldn't move.at first for a short period of time then longer . after one fight when I wasn't able to walk after a few minutes I was taken to the er where the doctors couldnt find any reason for my symptoms I was sent to a neurologist who said I had a conversion disorder and sent wih me, in a very grumpy mood about my diagnosis, to a therapist. I was told the same thing by the therapist that the neurologist told me.my stress had manifested itself physically and had attacked my body.i wasnt necessarily faking my symptoms were real but there was a mental cause for it.as time went on my symptoms got worse.i lost the ability to walk, to move, to hold things with my hands even to lift my neck.i was either in a wheelchair or walker.the stress at home worsened my condition I became suicidal and depressed.i was hearing voices hospitalized repeatedly and becoming quite violent at home. I remember once drawing pictures of how id do it and now that I look back I realize the best decision my parents made was moving away from that house.ive seen small changes though im still depressed and at times suicidal.my voices are less bothersome with meds and my symptoms of my conversion disorder are more manageable.
Now my current problems are simply trying to find a purpose in this life . suicide is a big issue for me especially cause I feel im not at a spot were I want to be its hard when your siblings habe been in relationships, are going to college, and habe worked.they have friends and I only have a small few.i know it's not good to compare yourself to other people but it is not easy, im just scared of being alone and unable to fend for myself.
Ive been diagnosed with bipolar but I don't believe it for a second before I was diagnosed with psychotic depression and borderline personality disorder which I still believe is my actual diagnosis its just I act a little crazy in hospitals so im supposedly bipolar bull crap.
Sorry I wrote so much guess all this is my way of saying hi

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi passionfruit3/tiara and :welcome: to the forum. I hope you enjoy posting here. :)
Haven't encountered conversion disorder before, sounds interesting. :hug:

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Welcome passionfruit :welcome:

Sounds like you've had a very rough time of it, I hope you find it helpful and supportive here x

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Venting/long life story. Introduce Yourself 3
S New kid in town (bit of a long story) Introduce Yourself 6
E Hi just joined. Ive depression most of my life. Got worse when my daughter was born 2000 with sever disability. Long story short she passed in 2012 Introduce Yourself 5
I Why cant i enjoy life anymore? (Long story) Introduce Yourself 2
Da Cuckoo Long story. Introduce Yourself 4
N Joining after discovering this forum not long ago. Introduce Yourself 9
S Should have done this a long time ago Introduce Yourself 3
M Long term chronic mixed mental health Introduce Yourself 12
A Hi all......long term anxiety maniac here! Introduce Yourself 13
J First post! post about long-term intrusive thoughts Introduce Yourself 3
D Long long long long term eating disorder Introduce Yourself 2
T E_90 After a long time I finally decided to sign up Introduce Yourself 9
G Long term anxiety and panic attacks Introduce Yourself 8
K Hello one and all! Looking forward to being part of this community as a long term sufferer of depression and retired mental health nurse. Introduce Yourself 11
L Worried about my son but can't have him near me for too long Introduce Yourself 2
M It's been a long time coming, but I know a change gonna come. Introduce Yourself 3
C Short vs Long Term Fear Introduce Yourself 1
D Gone so long I might as well re-introduce myself Introduce Yourself 6
Hermes63 Hi back after long break Introduce Yourself 4
H Not a long-winded journey line Introduce Yourself 5
B Long winded srry, plz help, ty much Introduce Yourself 3
L hey new to the forum, apologies for the long post Introduce Yourself 4
J Hi everyone new this suffer with a long history of mental health looking a bit of support from people that understand esp with my bpd atm Introduce Yourself 1
I Newbie Alert(Very very long post; 1000 words) Introduce Yourself 6
C Hi.. *may be a long post* Introduce Yourself 5
hey_its_jane Long “Transition” Introduce Yourself 4
K My Very Long And Worthwhile Journey With Bipolar Disorder Type One Introduce Yourself 2
M My Health Anxiety Experience from Start To Present (Warning Long Read) Introduce Yourself 3
AtomicSpaceCadet Long time listener, first time caller. Introduce Yourself 5
B New here (it's long....sorry) Introduce Yourself 2
J Long term depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 12
J Long term depression and anxiety Introduce Yourself 8
B Haven't visited for a long time Introduce Yourself 6
T Why Has It Taken Me so Long??? Introduce Yourself 3
M Long term drinking to cope with mental health. In need of help Introduce Yourself 8
R Hi there. (Long) Diagnosed with ADHD then rediagnosed with delayed development. Introduce Yourself 3
M Introduction (might be long) Introduce Yourself 5
D Apologies for the long introduction Introduce Yourself 2
O My (possible long) introduction Introduce Yourself 3
J Long Battle With Depression Introduce Yourself 9
N Long Term Relationship Breakup Introduce Yourself 4
E I need help, why is it taking so long Introduce Yourself 2
J Long term sufferer but never posted on a forum Introduce Yourself 4
J Long time sufferer, first time poster Introduce Yourself 5
G Hi all been lurking to long Introduce Yourself 5
M Long anhedonia/ emotional numbness after hypomania Introduce Yourself 2
J Another Long Night Introduce Yourself 9
noplace Hello I'm not new, I'm old on this site but not visited for a long time. Can I change my member name? Introduce Yourself 8
P At long last, introduction time... Introduce Yourself 4
J First time forum user. Long term issues with psychosis Introduce Yourself 11