• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

lonely

S

sarahemily

I have had alot of friends in the past, but somehow i always seem to screw up really bad and turn everyone against me. I don't talk to anyone i grew up with, went to school or college with, and i don't know why. I see girls my age going out in groups having fun, and thats all i want but i cant seem to find it. My year long relationship ended about 2 months ago and since then i have just literally been on my own. I went on a night out with my cousin, but all her friends were there so i felt like i was intruding. It's sunny outside, my day off work, and i dont have anyone to even call. Sorry for the rant, just needed to tell someone

bubbling under

bubbling under

Emily, you and I seem somewhat similar, albeit me being an old fossil. I didn't want you to go unanswered. Hang in there :hug:

T

Twylight

Yep. all my friends dissapeared over time,
Some got married, some moved away, lots died
Most of my friend are on here

M

maudikie

Lonely/

you are bond to feel lonely if a friendship has broken up. If you are interested in this sort of thing, there are plenty of voluntary thigs you can do or join. Whatever your interests are there is almost bound to be a group of people with similar interests. This is a good wayto meet people so if you are interested in something like this, start looking round.:)

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I left school at 16.. not the 'norm' these days and braved it in the big wide workd of work.(I am 26 now) It took me ages to settle down and find people I was comfortable. eventually at 20 I did go to university but the none of the friends I have now I went to school with me. Many of them are older of from different walks of life who if I had of dwelled about not staying in contact with people from school may not have been in my life. I did not have the best time at school but did have friends. People who are important stay in your life those who dont simply drift away... Time with tell but I am sure you will gain friends weather on here or in the real world.

Take care

Intel

Jo1760

Jo1760

I hope you begin to feel a bit better soon. I can understand how lonely it can be when you fall out with friends, but believe me there are people out there who would jump at the chance of being friends with you.

I have to say, I dont keep in contact with anyone from school or college all of the friends I have now are from scouting (which i know has a reputation for being terribly sad, but it truely has it's good moments). maybe taking up some kind of hobby would allow you to get out and meet new people. I know this is a hard step to take, but it could be that you meet a fantastic group of friends and find something you enjoy also.

Please never worry about ranting also... This forum is a great place to be able to say things you may not be able to say to anyone else... Keep posting.

Take care.

Jo X:grouphug:

S

sarahemily

Thanks everyone, your comments really helped. I have joined a summer art class so hopefully things will look up x

Jo1760

Jo1760

Thats excellent sarahemily.

I hope all goes well with the start of your course. Good luck.

X:clap:

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Good luck on your course and I hope things do pick up for you :)

K

kt456

That's brilliant, good luck :)

O

olan

thanks for telling us your drama but i don't know what to say. i really wanted to help but i don't know how. i hope you find some solutions here.

M

maudikie

To Sarhemmily

You have to get a bit positive, and look for some friends.Remember you do't make a lot of friends ina lifetime but lots of acquintances who you can talk to. Have you thought about going to either a night school class, or joining a club of some sort? I don't know what your interests are, but there are sports clubs, art clubs, reading clubs. all sorts to cater for any interest. Look in your local paper, or phone the Council and they should be able togive you informatio about what's on.
Best of luck and take care. I am sure you will soon find soem friends if you go out and ook for them.:clap: