• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Lonely

C

Crazywomen

After a terrible one year with my partner I've just found out I'm pregnant.
I have a 4 year old child who I love more than anything.
He hasn't supported me in anyway even though I'd love to have this baby I know I'd be alone broke and struggle completely.
He always yells at me and says I snap at him so I just don't really talk anymore. We don't communicate at all and everytime I've tried to leave him it's like I'm forced to be back with him. I do love him in some way and so scared to do this all alone after being in such an abusive relationship it's hard to be alone and not break down my child keeps me strong I do everything for him if I didn't have him I wouldn't be here and still think of excuses to leave the world without hurting him but I can't I love him to much to do that to him.
I have cancelled two abortion appointments hoping that would get my partner to care and support me but he doesn't I'm so alone. I have no family to support and no friends at all. I'm ashamed to call the hotline I just don't know what to say I can't have this baby because it will ruin my child's future and whatever I have left. I can't do it but I feel so guilty and so bad I genuinely wanted this baby until I new I was doing it alone and with someone who doesn't care about me. He has beenlying and messaging other girls and cheating as far as I know and it kills me and I get so mad but just break down to nothing.
I have to do this and I know it's wrong but I can't keep this baby for its same and my child and mines sake I feel terrible sick and like a murderer. I need help or advice or something. 😞 I understand if you think I'm a monster I already feel like one.

T

Twokiwisandabanana

hi sorry your ex is such a dufus God that makes me angry.
Get yourself strong so you can find someone better someone nice.
Abortion is very controversial however my opinion is that it is better to have an abortion than to have a child and resent it.
Sending a hug:hug1:
You will find a nice man one day and you'll wonder why you ever bothered with this loser.

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You would not be a murderer,it is your choice,having another child is another lifelong commitment,not always doeable and without support and isolated with no family support or friends and going through an abusive relationship.Anyone with an ounce of humanity would understand how hard it is for you and I know abortion is not something you would normally do lightly.Do what you have to do and forgive yourself for any guilt you may feel.You are not a monster,you need all your strength to leave this abusive man and start anew with freedom from abuse and pain.You will get stronger alone and might meet someone new who treats you with the love and respect you deserve and doesn't cheat.Best wishes.Nikitax

C

Coast2

I agree with Nikita. It's all very well for the pro life brigade to talk about the rights of the unborn child, but they're strangely silent when it comes to children living in poverty and their resultant life chances curtailed.

A child needs two parents, not one. It's hard work and it costs money. With two children in tow you would be consigning yourself to low pay part time work and life would just be miserable. And you're without family support - your mental health could really suffer if you try to bring up two children alone and in poverty. So you're absolutely right to consider abortion.

If you do decide to have an abortion, make sure you get counselling afterward. You've got a four year old to bring up so you need to be well, mentally and physically.

My very best wishes.

C

Crazywomen

Thank you for your responses I feel a bit better about the situation and plan to take care of it the way I feel I need to.
I still cannot come to terms that it has came down to this I really wished it could be different but sadly it won't.
I have to do what is best for my current child and make sure his needs are met.
Thank you for the support it really helps talking to other people with real opinions.