• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Lonely

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am really feeling lonely I have no one to talk to I feel so hopeless and my life seems pointless I can't sit here anymore on my own my head is busy thinking of ways to hurt myself I feel like giving in but I can't don't know what to do with myself I can't put up with these feelings anymore

Jo1760

Jo1760

Messymoo,

I am so sorry you are feeling that way at the moment. I wish there was something i could say to help, but it really is a horrible way to feel and situation to be in. Its a thought i have also the majority of the time and seemly regardless of how much i try to help myself that thought remains.Depression can be the most dreadfully lonely illness. I just wanted to say that I really hope things ease a little for you soon. Hopefully posting on here and having replies will help a little. Take care. X

D

DELATEXT

Loneliness is terrible, please know you are not alone we are here for you !!
How is your friends position ??
Do you get out much are you able to socialize much ??
Can you interact with others okay ??
Would volunteering help you to meet others ??
What can we do to help ??:help:

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks for the replies I didn't think anyone would but I really appreciate them
I did have friends but they are always too busy to ever see or speak to me it makes me feel like they don't want to know me anymore and I don't blame them at all I don't go out I am just shut away inside this house all day the only outings I do is to take and collect my daughter from school maybe I should look into doing something but I have no idea what i would want to do I feel as though I have lost myself completely and I don't know if I could face meeting new people either I don't like being alone but I also don't want to be around people either now I am just being confusing i suppose sorry
Messy

D

DELATEXT

No I lost a few "Friends" through illness !!
bit like the David Bowie album Low, If it is all you can manage chat here, about anything, we are always here !!
read my poem What it may make you laugh ??

Jo1760

Jo1760

I can completely understand the idea of both not liking being alone but equally not wanting to be with others. I really is such a hard thing to overcome. I have to admit for me personally, i do the majority of the time feel very lonely when i am on my own, however as i found at the weekend again when i am in a group of friends even thought i have known them for years i just feel like i dont fit it and actually the feelings of loneliness are immense and i just wanted to escape.
Take care of yourself and we are always here if you need someone.

X

D

DELATEXT

The feeling of being detached and remote ??
like being in a crowd but seeming not there but behind a two way mirror ??
I have felt like that often,
Voices seem garbled and sounds scream at you ??

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey messymoo - always here for you - sorry you are feeling so lonely, pm anytime

Take care
KS
(((hugs)))

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
thats exaclty how I feel when around people I just feel so hated by everyone that it becomes so uncomfortable I need to stop thinking I know what other people are thinking I am terrible for that but I agree with them cause I hate me too I guess stopping my medication hasn't helped with the feelings I am having at the moment either I stopped them three weeks ago and I have avoided my injections too not that the mental health team are all that bothered they seem to have forgotten too so I am spiraling downwards again this is not good maybe I should start taking my meds again and call the cmht about my injection just don't like being on so much medication and I don't feel i deserve to feel better either I am just a pointless existence I feel so worthless sorry seem to gone off in a ramble :redface:

A

Antonia25

you are not a pointless excistence.... think of your daughter she needs you.....
have you thought about maybe chatting to some of the other mums at the school, maybe going out for coffee or something...
it might be worth going back on the meds to try and stablise yourself again....
you are not alone....where do you live?? have a look online see if there are any support groups or something...
try remain strong, there has to be away out of this dark patch, even though i must admit ive been fighting to get out of mine for some time now....