• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Lonely

G

greatfulmomoftwo

Struggling today with loneliness. I know it's this is my borderline personality rearing it's ugly head again. I need to fight this and use my DBT SKILLS again...ugh...this is such a struggle.

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Grateful mom, I like your name! I'm sorry you're feeling so lonesome. I get that way, too and it can make life seem rather bleak. You can pm me anytime. I'm a mom of two as well. Big hugs.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

sending hugs n love xoxoxoxoxox

StillFighting

StillFighting

I'm sorry, I understand how hard this is. I've been struggling a lot with loneliness lately as well. Sending you my thoughts.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sending hugs your way.
Loneliness is a really difficult part of mental health issues, but we're here and we understand, even though it's not quite the same as 'real life'. :hug1:

G

greatfulmomoftwo

Thank you both so very much. You don't know how much it means to me to get your response knowing I'm not the only one who suffers with loneliness. Having you there has helped diminish the feeling so much. You both have a great night and thank you again♡♡

Gajolene

Gajolene

I have lonliness issues too. This forum have been my lifeline for a long time to help me feel not so lonely in the world. I struggle a lot having so much mental illness in my life and with my sons' severe mental health issues. I get very disheartened with the stigma's and avoidances of people who live near and the awkward silence when people ask how we're doing yet have no way of understanding or how to help, so only switch to light gossipy safe subjects with no real relevence to anything in real life.
I catch myself thinking nobody can know what this is like, nobody can understand, the isolation of it all. The utter loneliness of it.
Rationally I know the reality is we all are suffering to one degree or another and noone can compare their pain with someone elses as more or less. I've never found a place who is more understanding of that than the great people on here. Glad to see you making friends here. Hope it helps you as much as it does me and eases your mind to know we can understand, and relate with you.