• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Lonely in upstate NY

L

LonelyNiceGuy

Hello, I’m from upstate NY. I suffer from depression and an anxiety. Found out that the women I loved lied to me for 4 years. She never really loved me and moved on so easily. I have no family to talk to, not many friends, the ones I do have are all busy with their own lives. I’m an introvert so I spend a lot of time alone and it’s very hard. I joined looking and hoping to make new Friends or at least people to talk to.

2Much2Feel

Hey, @LonelyNiceGuy, welcome to the forum. A lot of us are lonely, so you're in good company. I'm also sorry that you were treated badly by your ex. It def is not easy to meet people as an introvert, but a lot of us prefer introverts.

I really hope you find the forum helpful and get that sense of support and community. It's a great group of people. xx

L

LonelyNiceGuy

Thank you @2Much2Feel,
These past few days have been hard. I tend to get into my head to much and over think things. There have been a few days while driving into work that I wanted to just drift into the oncoming tractor trailer and be done. I haven’t but thought about it. I just want all this pain and hurt to go away. It sucks. I have a big heart full of love but never given the chance to share it. Sorry just venting and probably lack of sleep.

2Much2Feel

Thank you @2Much2Feel,
These past few days have been hard. I tend to get into my head to much and over think things. There have been a few days while driving into work that I wanted to just drift into the oncoming tractor trailer and be done. I haven’t but thought about it. I just want all this pain and hurt to go away. It sucks. I have a big heart full of love but never given the chance to share it. Sorry just venting and probably lack of sleep.
Well, never apologise for feeling any sort of way on here. I'm just so sorry that it's been so hard. Have you found it helpful at all on here to read the stories of what others have been through and what has helped some? It can feel really good to just vent on here or feel some support.

I'm going to post some info you may or may not need, but in case you are feeling that urge any stronger, some emergency help lines. Are you receiving any type of professional help for this? Are you working with any particular diagnosis?

Hang in there and keep reaching out. xx

2Much2Feel

Well, never apologise for feeling any sort of way on here. I'm just so sorry that it's been so hard. Have you found it helpful at all on here to read the stories of what others have been through and what has helped some? It can feel really good to just vent on here or feel some support.

I'm going to post some info you may or may not need, but in case you are feeling that urge any stronger, some emergency help lines. Are you receiving any type of professional help for this? Are you working with any particular diagnosis?

Hang in there and keep reaching out. xx
If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support are available right now. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

B

Bradnyk

Hello, I’m from upstate NY. I suffer from depression and an anxiety. Found out that the women I loved lied to me for 4 years. She never really loved me and moved on so easily. I have no family to talk to, not many friends, the ones I do have are all busy with their own lives. I’m an introvert so I spend a lot of time alone and it’s very hard. I joined looking and hoping to make new Friends or at least people to talk to.
I can relate to all of this. I'm on Long Island, but would be happy to make a friend from upstate

Brad

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

Hi I'm from Tn, I am like you a introvert suffering from schizophrenia so I don't have friends nor do leave home much. I could use some friends in here :)