Lonely and terrified

B

Blondeexplorer

Hi I’m new to the forum. I’ve had anxiety my whole life and recently had a massive breakdown due to being made redundant. Having a job and a routine were hugely important in keeping my anxiety under control now I’m trying to fill up my time as much as possible but I’m desperately lonely. My anxiety is terrible and just having people to speak to who understand anxiety seems to help but there isn’t anyone local to me. Is there anyone who’s happy to chat?

Victorianna

Victorianna

Hi, I have anxiety, too.
I’m sorry about your job loss. What would you like to talk about?

B

Blondeexplorer

Have you found any things to do that have helped with anxiety??
I’m trying to keep busy, started yoga, exercise classes, local women’s group etc which are great but they don’t met that often. I worry people think I’m ‘wallowing’ in it but I am desperate to try anything that may help x

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

I normally go to bed really early, say 8-8:30am, get up really early 3-4am, when it's peaceful & quiet, watch the last movie on the Sony Movie channel, no noise or cars, helps me relax for the day ahead.

B

Blondeexplorer

Oh wow that’s good to know, I watch movies as well as they seem like a good distraction. Thanks everyone for being so nice and replying, I recently had a really bad experience on another forum so I was a little bit worried it didn’t exactly help my anxiety...

Victorianna

Victorianna

Wow - you are really getting out there - that’s great! Does yoga help? I was thinking of trying that.
For me, medication for anxiety is helping right now. I’m trying hypnotherapy, only one session so far, but it’s been helpful, too.
Do you think something like volunteering would help? Are you going to try to get a new job?
I’m glad you feel welcomed here. This is a great forum - lots of helpful, caring people.

B

Blondeexplorer

Wow - you are really getting out there - that’s great! Does yoga help? I was thinking of trying that.
For me, medication for anxiety is helping right now. I’m trying hypnotherapy, only one session so far, but it’s been helpful, too.
Do you think something like volunteering would help? Are you going to try to get a new job?
I’m glad you feel welcomed here. This is a great forum - lots of helpful, caring people.
Lol I’m trying I really am! Yoga seems to be a really good thing to do, helps with breathing and it’s something you can do anytime (middle of the night if your having an anxiety attack) not strenuous so I’m actually enjoying it. Also on medication, without that I can’t function at all! Ermm yeah I’d recommend volunteering it’s something to block out chunks of time, meet new people and keeps my mind occupied as sitting at home feels like he walls are closing in. I’ve been at a local children’s charity for the last two days and it’s been great I’m knackered but feel like I’ve achieved something:)
I just don’t like being alone I hate my own company my mind just races. I think there’s loads of charities crying out for volunteers so may be worth a look?

Victorianna

Victorianna

Yes, volunteering is great. You help people, and also get a lot back in return. I’m glad you’re able to do so many things - with my anxiety it limits me a lot. I’m looking into volunteering at a hospice, but it’s a very long, involved process to be approved, and I’ve only just started it.
Anyway, keeping busy is great, but coping with alone time, though it can be hard, is something everyone has to deal with. I’m very much an introvert, so I don’t mind it so much. Hobbies are great - I read a lot, watch tv, do jigsaw and crossword puzzles, hang out with my dogs. And post here!
You inspired me - I’m going to try yoga. I even have a DVD, so I’ll finally open the package!

B

Blondeexplorer

Yes, volunteering is great. You help people, and also get a lot back in return. I’m glad you’re able to do so many things - with my anxiety it limits me a lot. I’m looking into volunteering at a hospice, but it’s a very long, involved process to be approved, and I’ve only just started it.
Anyway, keeping busy is great, but coping with alone time, though it can be hard, is something everyone has to deal with. I’m very much an introvert, so I don’t mind it so much. Hobbies are great - I read a lot, watch tv, do jigsaw and crossword puzzles, hang out with my dogs. And post here!
You inspired me - I’m going to try yoga. I even have a DVD, so I’ll finally open the package!
Yayyyy go for it! Let me know how you get on it’s worth a shot hey?

Victorianna

Victorianna

Well, I hope you’re feeling a bit better. Anytime you want to talk, I’m usually around. You can also direct message people by clicking on the envelope symbol at the top of the page. And post anytime, there’s lots of people to talk to.
I’ll let you know how yoga goes. Have a good day!

G

gam9147

You definitely seem to be taking the right steps! I'm impressed too. I recently am having more anxiety again after suffering for a long time and my routine is very non-standard so that probably doesn't help. TV distracts me but then I definitely feel guilty I'm not "doing enough" and I feel like I am not out with enough people as I've always been a computer/internet guy.

I did a first Yoga class last week, doing the 2nd part on tues. I felt very relaxed after that, but quite a bit sore. lol. I haven't learned enough to try to do it on my own at home to help calm, do you have any recommended videos?

G

Valka

Valka

Hi and welcome to the forum. Being lonely can really suck, there are quite a few interesting people around here but if you ever get desperate feel free to send over a message.

B

Blondeexplorer

You definitely seem to be taking the right steps! I'm impressed too. I recently am having more anxiety again after suffering for a long time and my routine is very non-standard so that probably doesn't help. TV distracts me but then I definitely feel guilty I'm not "doing enough" and I feel like I am not out with enough people as I've always been a computer/internet guy.

I did a first Yoga class last week, doing the 2nd part on tues. I felt very relaxed after that, but quite a bit sore. lol. I haven't learned enough to try to do it on my own at home to help calm, do you have any recommended videos?

G
Hey thanks for replying, I’m still new to it myself but seems to be a help just meeting new faces and concentrating on the moves and poses, I would check YouTube there are some great short videos depending on what you want to achieve, stretching, breathing, back problems etc??

B

Blondeexplorer

Hi and welcome to the forum. Being lonely can really suck, there are quite a few interesting people around here but if you ever get desperate feel free to send over a message.
Thank you so much this is a great comfort xx

B

Blondeexplorer

Well, I hope you’re feeling a bit better. Anytime you want to talk, I’m usually around. You can also direct message people by clicking on the envelope symbol at the top of the page. And post anytime, there’s lots of people to talk to.
I’ll let you know how yoga goes. Have a good day!
Thank you so much it’s great to know thank you for your time xxx

G

gam9147

Hey thanks for replying, I’m still new to it myself but seems to be a help just meeting new faces and concentrating on the moves and poses, I would check YouTube there are some great short videos depending on what you want to achieve, stretching, breathing, back problems etc??
Thanks :) I think I want to achieve what we probably all want to achieve here -- calm and low anxiousness. Fitness is nice but at the moment a secondary. I did find a few youtube ones and no problem I can look around was just wondering if you had any recommendations since you are further in than me by at least a few classes :)

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi I’m new to the forum. I’ve had anxiety my whole life and recently had a massive breakdown due to being made redundant. Having a job and a routine were hugely important in keeping my anxiety under control now I’m trying to fill up my time as much as possible but I’m desperately lonely. My anxiety is terrible and just having people to speak to who understand anxiety seems to help but there isn’t anyone local to me. Is there anyone who’s happy to chat?
Hi,
Welcome to the forum,
I'm so sorry about your job, it's good you want to keep busy.
Happy to chat anytime.
Take care