lonely and scared

spoon-racoon

spoon-racoon

I really want to talk to my mom about these things but she's tired and stressed out and has to deal with the kids all day and she doesn't need this. I keep seeing everywhere, and someone told me directly today, that bipolar=insane, and it scares me so much. I don't want to be crazy and I don't want to hurt people but I feel like it's something I can't avoid. It's hard enough coming to terms with my illness without other people repeating what's already going on in my head. Every time I hear about a bipolar person it's in the context of them being abusive or crazy or unstable.

I feel like I need to die again even though my medication is supposed to be working against that.

Does anybody else internalize the stigma of bipolar disorder like this? Or have any advice to lessen these thoughts?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Please do talk to your mum, just wait for a good moment. I'm sure she'll listen.
Sorry I don't have bi-polar, I understand the stigma of mental illness although.
Your poorly, your not insane.
Here to listen anytime.
Take care

J

jimindigo

Please don't listen to other people,they are not inside you,so they can't know your
feelings. Do try the following book: "Self-Compassion"by Kirstin Neff,she has
website too.
Deepest Respect,
jimindigo

spoon-racoon

spoon-racoon

@Mayflower7 @jimindigo thank you for the support, it means a lot to have these feelings validated. it brings me a step closer to believing it someday <3

spoon-racoon

spoon-racoon

Update: I talked with my mom last night and she made me feel so much better. She's really skeptical of the pharmaceutical industry but she told me that I seem a lot better on my new medication and that she approves of it, which means a lot to me. She also talked about how the kids are really taking a toll on her emotionally, so I felt like it was an equal exchange rather than me just burdening her. She makes me feel like I can be a good person.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
letmein Bipolar Forum 19
E Bipolar Forum 1