• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lonely and sad

M

ManDss

Havent feel so bad since long time.

I deal with loneliness since years.

Dont have anyone to talk, to share, to have a nice momment.

I was being able to cope with this lately.

But theres a moment when this just overcomes me.

It really stress me. When the weight is just too much I started feeling rushed. I stand up, I sit down, the mental void is just too much, the need to have someone to talk to is too big. Feel so alone. I try and try to find people online to chat, but its not so easy as I thought.

Intareseid

Intareseid

I understand the feeling, must be at least 10 years since I didn't feel deeply alone.

And honestly, trying to beat that by trying to randomly chatting with strangers just doesn't work in my experience. There's no emotional connection there so it doesn't really accomplish anything.

I say that if possible get a pet, ideally a dog, they're great companions and having another living being to care for can do wonders. It's not a person of course but it's very much better than nothing.

Also, try to keep busy, with whatever you can. An idle mind just always wanders back into those feelings of loneliness. Of course that can be difficult because loneliness really fries your brain but that's just the way it is.

M

ManDss

because loneliness really fries your brain
Thats exactly what I feel. Its more than just "something I would like", its a need. Its like when you need a cigarette and dont have any.

Pets, first Im not a dog fan. And no, I need a human voice, or feel. Sometimes at night say "ok gonna watch a film", but gives me no feeling, I preffer read this forum, or keep trying to find someone in internet to talk.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i was alone for years then i met somebody wonderful on here and we have been together 2 years now x
please don't give up wonderful things like meeting somebody special happen when you least expect it x Lu x

T

treasurebox

There will come a time that you will find someone to talk to. Just keep on trying.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

M

ManDss

Right now I feel...

Loneliness makes me have a feeling I dont know what word use to describe it.

I feel the need to have someone to talk, someone who also gets how this is, someone with I get along.

But then theres no one there.

I was thinking to make a topic saying that "would be good to make a network of people to receive mutual help".

But then I think "well, thats what this forum is about".

But I dont feel it like that. I see people writing about their problems, and people replying them.

But, those people do actually feel like this is a net of contention ? Or is just "drop a message, and if someone replies good, and whatever".

I think some people really feel they have some peers here, and thats good for them.

I dont have a group of contention for me here.

Sometimes I just create conversations in my mind, I imagine the kind of conversation I would like to have with someone, I idealize people.

Sometimes I think to create a topic, I try to pic the words to describe my situation with good details to "atract" to someone I think is "out there" and have "a similar way of thinking to me".

Sometimes I think to create a topic, then I think "for what ? Its just going to be null, no one like I want is going to appear, the person I really want to meet doesnt exists, its just a dream".

R

Ray53

Loneliness.....
Oh to go back to my room and someone say Hi. To go walking and describe what I see to someone walking with me. I have walked every walk. Many times too. I'd love to do it again with someone. Walking in the woods I never see anyone alone. Always with a dog or a partner or a family. I feel they look at the guy alone as a threat. All in my spaghetti head.
I take pictures of my walks and put on Google I've had 328000 views. No likes and not messages. Imagine... Thousands look at my pictures but I am alone again wondering why I bother....
Bed made, breakfast eaten.. Now what? Walk alone or stay in and eat my hand not just my nails...

jajingna

jajingna

So many of us are lonely a lot of the time. It isn't something we talk about much. Maybe we think we are so different, that no one understands us. Maybe personal experience is a hard load to carry; maybe it is unique in a lot of ways. No one else is me; no one else has lived my life; no one else quite sees the world as I do.

But we have much in common as well. As sure as you live and breathe, need food and feel pain, have wants and hopes, so do I, and so does the stranger on the street. I dunno, I guess that doesn't really establish any personal connection. We have things in common, but bear them alone. And you want that personal connection, to feel understood, like you aren't going through everything on your own, or you're not the only one who feels this way.

So there's a sadness. It's hard to put in words. You don't feel much connection, or much in common with others. And many of us feel the same.

Zaz3

Zaz3

I think the trick is to be alone but not lonely. Personally when I'm deeply depressed I experience loneliness through my emotions taking control of my thoughts. When I am more balanced and accepting of who I am and not caught up in my mind, I am no longer lonely but simply alone.