• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lonely and invisible

B

brownbean1

This year has been awful. We've made no progress and my life has not progressed at all over the last year. I am desperate for some new friends. Where can I go to make some friends? Are anyone's friends really real? I feel like I've got little to offer and no one really cares. I'm sick of backstabbing clique's and want yo run away, but can't , because my finances are reliant on me staying where I am. Is there a website where lonely people can make friends. All I can find are dating agencies.

B

brownbean1

I'm an adult, feel really stupid now as everyone else posting on this thread appears to be teenagers

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm an adult, feel really stupid now as everyone else posting on this thread appears to be teenagers
We are all adults here.
You have to be at least 18 to join this forum.
Please don't feel stupid, it's incredibly difficult to deal with loneliness.
It's also hard to make friends as an adult, particularly if you don't go places where you're likely to meet new people.
I do think some friendships are 'real', but you have to find people who are supportive and who are on the same wavelength as you.

I'm not entirely sure of any websites to meet new people.
Have you searched at all to see if there are any Mind or Rethink services in your area?
Or looked at what evening courses are available that might interest you?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X People 1
Eleison People 9