• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Loneliness

H

harsh-reality

I have this.

I have lived alone for over ten years now.

The last time I had friend stay over the night was eight or nine years ago.

I do have friends - not had girlfriend for longer than this - I have women friends but I feel like its my destiny to not have anyone over night after night after night...

That's a depressing thought for me....

I know people will respond and say theres plenty time etc but I completely given up hope on this

I can't deal with this any longer - I hate the situation - my siblings hate me because I do not work now and when I was ill they kicked me into touch.

I am beginning lose touch with sense - I am done in,

Its a reality for me that I will not meet anyone.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Its so hard isn't it? Iwish I had more space to myself personally. But you are so alone and its so difficult at times. I wish I could offer words of wisdom to you but I can't right now.

H

harsh-reality

I had a middle of the night moment calypso - have had a better day and I do have a friend who lives in next block of flats to me - same complex and he has been away for a long time over Christmas and did not realise how much of a difference it makes someone nearby who I can pop around to occasionally.

It is hard being on your own - no doubt - and it is hard to see yourself in a loving relationship - the longer you not in one - but it does help knowing many in similar scenarios etc.

I get what you say also about not getting time to be alone too.

If I overdo things and am spreading myself too thin - it can be lonely with a load of people around you particularly if the ability to connect with many of them is a little bit flimsy.

I hope you have had a better day today calypso..