• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Loneliness

I

iphigenia

Feeling so lonely and empty like there is a big hole in my chest. I live alone and rarely go out in the evenings. Due to depression on and off for the past 12 years I seem to have lost all my friends and my family members are not very understanding. Going through a very stressful time at the moment and suddenly I feel so lonely. Thought I was getting better and this makes me panic and just feel so agitated. Is there anyone out there who understands?

D

DELATEXT

HI

sorry to hear you are feeling so lonely and that your friends have drifted away ?
Also that your family are not very understanding ?
Can you talk to your doctor ??
If you live in the uk you can contact one of the mental health charities for help ??
Also could you join a volunteering project, you may meet new people and make new friends ??
If you are not up for that, continue to "chat" to us, we always listen and will do our best to give you support !!

:welcome::welcome:

I

iphigenia

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately my doctor is much worse than my family!! Tried to change but it is just seems impossible to get a new doctor to take me on. For me fear of rejection (which I have experienced a lot of) makes it so hard to make friends. Chatting here is so helpful just knowing someone is there to talk to who understands. I used to be the life and soul of the party so who I am now is very difficult to deal with.

A

Adi01

Hi, i do sympathies with you completely. I recognise with all symptons you highlight. Lonliness, isolation, especially at night when you are awake and all the world are still asleep. You had many friends, like me but you couldnt buy one right now. It wont help but there are millions of people just like you and me and you have all our complete sympathy. Try and remain upbeat and think to yourself when you can it will be better tomorrow.

M

mo2011

Totally understand how you feel spent weekend mostly in bed crying looking through these message boards. I have no friends and am so lonely used to have friends before I moved. Everyone else appears to be happy. Laughing out with friends and I'm so alone so I know what it's like and that you have found others the same may help

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

it amazes me how u can be in a room full of people & still feel so god damm lonely . i have a great family but spend most of the time feeling lonely & confused

I

iphigenia

Thanks everyone for your support. It is worse when you are in a room full of people and still feel so lonely and rejected. I am so scared of being rejected i cannot connect with anyone.

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

Why is it so dam physical.?

Okay so i understand he concept! But why do i feel so physically exhausted and why after months of down down down has my depression just eased off on panic and now i am just left on this emotional sandbank!

D

DELATEXT

your mind controls your body, any emotional distress or stress can have a physical after effect,
such as being very tired and exhausted,
the chemistry of the body is altered and you feel lousy and tired just as if you feel good, endorphins
make you feel great...

D

DELATEXT

Hi, you can make friends here which is a small step in the right direction ??
chat away about what troubles you, what interests you etc ?
Being lonely is one of the worse blights of our society,
But chat here you'll find good company and a friendly listening ear !!

M

Michael

Founding Member
Being alone is never nice
Sometimes it feels as cold as ice
One thing you can do
Is to come on here with a point of view

You can have a chat at your own pace
Turn it off when you just cannot face
To find a person who makes you smile
There that can make life worthwhile

You can only try and no one will know
It can only help your very soul
It can pick you up and lighten your heart
Maybe sometime soon you will leave that room

It works for me even though I relapse
But I've learnt never to say that word perhaps
I have a go when I'm at a low
One thing is for sure I will never go

Best Wishes
Michael

A

Asdir

It never ceases to amaze me what little regard is often given to lonliness, it is a crushing thing, the bane of the modern world, one of the greatest problems we face as humans. I am glas to have found my way here, hopefully we can sit, chat and chase away onely times now and then. I feel alone most when people around me just don't want to see who I am or what I am fighting with.

D

DELATEXT

loneliness is a mental cancer it can consume you and destroy you,
it needs to be addressed and tackled seriously ??
The answers can be as simple as talking to an isolated person,
how many of us have lonely neighbours who never see anyone ??