• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Loneliness and Depression

C

Comfort23

I'm feeling discouraged tonight. I've been missing hugs. I see others who have extended their "pods" to include others who live alone. Yet, I live alone and am not in anyone's "pod". I just feel lonely and sad. I could really use some encouragement and, if you're into it, I could use some prayers too.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I'm sorry you're having a bad night Comfort. I'm not a praying man but I have plenty of hugs to give :grouphug:

I also live alone and I get pretty lonely to. I guess I'm included in someones "Pod" but I still feel like an outsider sometimes but coming to this forum to share experiences and talk to others that can relate makes me feel less alone. I hope your night gets better. Take care and best wishes.

M

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

i prayed to the aliens to help u so they might beam u up tonight :rolleyes:

C

Comfort23

I'm sorry you're having a bad night Comfort. I'm not a praying man but I have plenty of hugs to give :grouphug:

I also live alone and I get pretty lonely to. I guess I'm included in someones "Pod" but I still feel like an outsider sometimes but coming to this forum to share experiences and talk to others that can relate makes me feel less alone. I hope your night gets better. Take care and best wishes.

M
I'm included in that people will see me just they wouldn't consider touching me. Even though they apparently feel safe enough to want to take masks off, sit 6-12" away and eat. The irony in this is that I live and work quarantined so I could have been very safe. The people that are in the touching "pod" don't work quarantined. I've been seeing a massage therapist and intermittently quarantining for this reason. But, I never know if that's going to continue being an option. I'm just trying to do my tiny part to keep her in business. This isn't just a problem with the pandemic. I've been single and struggling with this on and off for 13 years. My parents sometimes don't feel touch is that important. Sometimes, I get isolated due to social anxiety. I wish physical touch wasn't my love language.

T

treasurebox

There will be better days for you. Create happy moments because happiness is a choice and you werr born to be happy.

Music helps me. Listen to good and uplifting songs on youtube. Music is therapeutic. What are you good at? Is it arts and crafts, cooking, baking, gardening? Do it. It will make you happy and successful.

K

karl7

I'm feeling discouraged tonight. I've been missing hugs. I see others who have extended their "pods" to include others who live alone. Yet, I live alone and am not in anyone's "pod". I just feel lonely and sad. I could really use some encouragement and, if you're into it, I could use some prayers too.
im lonely myself too, i have no friends, but i do appreciate these mental health forums, you meet nice understanding people here who have been through it, by the way Welcome to the forums

C

Comfort23

im lonely myself too, i have no friends, but i do appreciate these mental health forums, you meet nice understanding people here who have been through it, by the way Welcome to the forums
Thank you. I am sorry you are lonely too. I hope today brings you comfort and peace.

C

Comfort23

My recent separation with my fiance I was with for 10 years has left me living alone and very hurt. At first it was draining the life from me. I then starting talking to someone, she made me feel better about the situation, but hurt me in the end. This only changed the way I felt about being alone. I suddenly loved it. Months down the line though, as my ex wants to be my friend but doesn't want to treat me like a friend, I've been back in this dark place. You should find a goal or plan that will make yourself proud and accomplish it. Become happy with who you are and what you are capable of. In my opinion determination and integrity are very attractive features.
My recent separation with my fiance I was with for 10 years has left me living alone and very hurt. At first it was draining the life from me. I then starting talking to someone, she made me feel better about the situation, but hurt me in the end. This only changed the way I felt about being alone. I suddenly loved it. Months down the line though, as my ex wants to be my friend but doesn't want to treat me like a friend, I've been back in this dark place. You should find a goal or plan that will make yourself proud and accomplish it. Become happy with who you are and what you are capable of. In my opinion determination and integrity are very attractive features.
I'm sorry to hear about your recent separation! I hope you are able to set boundaries with your ex and do what's best for you. I've been routinely going out only every other weekend, so lots of time to myself. I'm not sure if I feel better about the weekends where I'm alone or where I'm going out. Trying to people when I'm struggling and feeling sensitive is kind of hard. Sometimes, being alone feels like kind of a relief.