• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Living with paranoia

ht46

ht46

I'm trying to get use to just understanding I'll be some level of paranoid it doesnt go away but being medicated is the best I got. Do you guys have any coping mechanisms for paranoia. If there's people around outside making noise I just hold my breath and try communicate to them telepathically until it's over. If I'm in public I sway my head a lot and sing in my head and try and not let the paranoia get in. So tiring though.

AnnN

AnnN

Yes, I'm learning how to avoid paranoid feelings. Yesterday after a long period I saw 2 people I thought were bad, paranoid thoughts made me think like that, and I was uncomfortable I could hardly stand it.

ht46

ht46

Yes, I'm learning how to avoid paranoid feelings. Yesterday after a long period I saw 2 people I thought were bad, paranoid thoughts made me think like that, and I was uncomfortable I could hardly stand it.
That's brave of you well done.

AnnN

AnnN

But I could not stand much with them. I still think deep inside that some people are doing something wrong to me. How can I overcome such thoughts?

How long you are having this illness?

ht46

ht46

UOTE="AnnN, post: 2209781, member: 85979"]
But I could not stand much with them. I still think deep inside that some people are doing something wrong to me. How can I overcome such thoughts?

How long you are having this illness?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I have feelings like that about certain people and just avoid them. I think for me it started when I had my psychotic episode I thought a friend had slept with my mother I know that's ridiculous and untrue but I still have trust issues with that person but it could maybe come down to me being paranoid and indignant. I think the feelings aren't going to go away atleast we see past the delusions to some degree. I think it has something to do with hypervigilance.

I was diagnosed with psychosis then schizo affective disorder then schizophrenia starting 9 years ago. What about you?

AnnN

AnnN

The first psychiatrist told me from the first sight that i have schizophrenia. The other psychiatrists I visited were perhaps more cautious and no one ever mentioned schizophrenia. My latest diagnosis is paranoid and hallucinatory disorder. I think that is schizophrenia. But I do not understand much. For 6 years I have never been able to reach a normal life.

I just changed completely. Both physically and mentally.

ht46

ht46

True I no longer hear voices or visuals since I've been medicated. My paranoia was still quite bad on risperidone so I switched to amisulpride which has helped but I still have paranoia. Yeah I'm not who I was before I started getting unwell I was social and energetic now I can barely make it to the end of the drive most days
But I have adapted enjoy listening music but my psychiatrist is trying to get me out so I have a support worker that I go for walks with but they're stressful.

ht46

ht46

The first psychiatrist told me from the first sight that i have schizophrenia. The other psychiatrists I visited were perhaps more cautious and no one ever mentioned schizophrenia. My latest diagnosis is paranoid and hallucinatory disorder. I think that is schizophrenia. But I do not understand much. For 6 years I have never been able to reach a normal life.

I just changed completely. Both physically and mentally.
Yeah I put on a lot of weight when I was first on risperidone because I couldn't stop eating but lost it over the years. Still quite big though.

AnnN

AnnN

I feel like I'm the dumbest in the world. I have no plan for this life.

ht46

ht46

I feel like I'm the dumbest in the world. I have no plan for this life.
That's depression I feel like that sometimes. I paint to make me feel better about myself. You have to focus on yourself it's ok to take time to heal. I'll be starting at minimum wage when I manage my paranoia better I'll be poor but doesnt mean I or you won't be able to enjoy our lives you need to find something that makes you happy.

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

Paranoia episodes happens to me very often and they're often connected with my fears. There're terrible and sometimes I've problems with going out.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I try to distract myself with something or multiple things that will take all of my attention

jackolantern

jackolantern

Paranoia episodes happens to me very often and they're often connected with my fears. There're terrible and sometimes I've problems with going out.
What was you most recent paranoid episode, is it a fear of being attacked ?