• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Living with Health Anxieties(New member)

Sash1

Sash1

I'm new to this so would firstly like to say Hi..
And, of course a brief background into my own mental health issues..
To be honest, I was quite shocked the other day to find out that my severe health Anxieties are the nicer, newer way to say I'm a Hyperchondriac!
Ok, I accept that, but, these symptoms are real, doesn't that make me physically ill, not mentally?
Im beginning to understand my health Anxieties better now, and, hopefully, will learn to deal with them.
IVe suffered from depression for a very long time, and had the HA for 8 years now, at least once or twice each of those years I've had major health concerns, that, turned out to be, the Anxieties.
Im just coming to the end of my most recent one which has lasted for 4 months, i still have the pains, symptoms, concerns(because no matter how many health professionals tell me I'm ok, nothing to worry about)I convince myself they've all, made a mistake.
I was hoping, through this forum to understand the HA a bit better, together.
I apologise for long introduction, but hopefully can share with people on here who understands what living with mental health issues is, really like.

H

Headintheclouds

Hi there, welcome! I also suffer from health anxiety. I turn every ache and pain into a catastrophic illness despite clear tests, etc. I started Zoloft about two weeks ago and also have been seeing a therapist for the past year or so. I hope the combination of the two can help me overcome this. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone!

Sash1

Sash1

Thanks for the welcome..
I have been seeing, speaking to a Psychologist for about 6 months now, the sessions have been very helpful, but I do tend tend to 'drift' back into my anxieties quite easily at times.
It' reasuring to know this isn't just me, and that other people share the same, awful, symptoms of this, so they understand first hand how debilitating it can be.

S

Sally89

I recently had a health scare which has triggered some health anxiety how do people cope

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Adam: 34 and living with mental health problems since childhood. Introduce Yourself 7
R I need help to continue living! Introduce Yourself 6
L Tired of living like this Introduce Yourself 3
C Living with an eating disorder, apathy, recurring depressive episodes and - most recent - absolute aversion towards sex due to newly acquired trauma Introduce Yourself 3
IllusionGhost Impossible living Introduce Yourself 8
M Trying to navigate this living nightmare Introduce Yourself 3
N Living anxiety Introduce Yourself 4
R Newby- Living with someone who suffers with Anxiety and Depression Introduce Yourself 4
D living is very uncomfortable Introduce Yourself 12
K Living with depression, OCD, and intrusive thinking Introduce Yourself 1
S Living through trauma and abuse. Trigger warning. Introduce Yourself 2
LePlusBeau1 Living With Schizoaffective Disorder Introduce Yourself 9
TrapRage616 Living with this mental illness is a nightmarish hell Introduce Yourself 4
R Living with OCD Introduce Yourself 6
T What living with bipolar feels like for me Introduce Yourself 3
B GAD & Clinical Depression, working on living my best life again! Introduce Yourself 4
Summerof76 Living with a Personality Disorder Introduce Yourself 2
A Stepdaughter convinced worms are living under hers and her children's skin. Help! Introduce Yourself 4
J Focusing on the "healing" too much, not living ??? Introduce Yourself 3
J Living disappointment Introduce Yourself 5
Homebound87 Tired of living in fear Introduce Yourself 3
A Alive but not living. Introduce Yourself 4
H LIVING WITH a Mental Illness and a Felony Introduce Yourself 8
CarpeDentum Living it up on a Saturday night... Introduce Yourself 20
B This isn't a fairy tale I'm living in. Introduce Yourself 1
M Living with anxiety and depression in Mexico for the past 6 years Introduce Yourself 1
K I am living more and more in a fantasy world Introduce Yourself 5
O If you are living in a mad world...? Introduce Yourself 10
Mandie1982 I'm New. Living with Borderline Personality Introduce Yourself 5
Advocate BP, Living with mental illness - The Road Less Traveled Introduce Yourself 2
T Health Anxiety, So ready to give up, I physically ache with pain and depression! Introduce Yourself 14
K Health Anxiety & GAD Introduce Yourself 18
Dragonfly111 New here, health anxiety, recent losses in family Introduce Yourself 8
Ms Individual Hello friends. I have a few mental health battles. Introduce Yourself 5
M Long term chronic mixed mental health Introduce Yourself 10
C Partner has mental health issues. Introduce Yourself 17
J Hello just joined mental health forum. Introduce Yourself 12
R Health anxiety, twitching, MND/ALS?? 😱 Introduce Yourself 8
R I’m new and suffer from Health anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
E Trying to get the NHS Mental Health Services emergency funding Introduce Yourself 1
L Impact of gender on mental health Introduce Yourself 58
K Hello one and all! Looking forward to being part of this community as a long term sufferer of depression and retired mental health nurse. Introduce Yourself 11
J I Believe in Mental Health Introduce Yourself 5
P Struggling with physical and emotional health Introduce Yourself 4
J Hey, I need help my mental health ATM is affecting my life Introduce Yourself 11
spacebunny Back to forums - Health Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
H Hi im new here and im suffering with severe health anxiety Introduce Yourself 9
M My Mental Health Introduce Yourself 5
A Help! My mental health is the lowest it's been. Introduce Yourself 7
G Mental Health Law: The M'Naghten rules and the CRPD Introduce Yourself 2