• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Living with Bi Polar

K

Knowledge is power

Hello everyone,

I was diagnosed with Bi Polar in 06 - I have experienced two manic episodes so far. It has taken me three years to accept that I have a mental health disorder. I have experienced discrimination because of the stigma attached I really want to learn more about BPD - I feel this will enable me to feel more at peace with myself rather than out of place as I sometimes do. I was hoping that I could share my experiences and find out the experiences of others, get some advice and give some.

I currently take Valporate.

As a result of my disorder I have lost many things - job, car friends but I have learned so much about myself and how unimportant material things are!!! I have been through Cognitive Behavioural therapy which I found really helpful and have started a book called "Overcoming Mood disorders" which I am finding helpful.

I have a good support network but often feel so alone. I am currently thinking of becoming pregnant. I have been advised to change to Haliperidol. Does anyone have experience of becoming pregnant whilst taking meds?

Thanks (y)

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome: to the forum Knowledge is power - you have come to the right place to exchange information and talk about your issues with MH - There are people on here with BDP and I am sure they will be able to share their experiences with you.

Take it easy
KS