• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

living with an addict hurts like hell

Nicky

Nicky

My sister has an addiction. Life is real hard in my household at the moment and this addiction is taking its toll on everybody. Its so frustrating and pains me deep inside that i cannot do anything to fix it. Good days are great but others are just so not worth living, not when the moster is unleashed. I can hardly recognise her on bad days. I cringe at some of the hurtful things she says and the disruption it brings to the atmosphere in our house. I cant bare to see the pain on mothers face when she hurls verbal abuse at her.
I miss my sister alot and i would give my life to have her back

Nic :cry:

Z

zeropolar wannabe

Hey Nicky, I can't imagine what you must be going through. It must be very difficult watching someone you love hurt themselves and others in this way. I think essentially it is important to remember that she is unwell and that she might say alot of things that she doesn't mean, difficult as this may be. Is she willing to talk about what is going on with her? There are alot of services out there that can help, some good, some not so good. Alot of the voluntary services are really good, check the web for your area. It also depends a little on what sort of an addiction she has and whether she's a minor or not where she can get help, but her GP would probably be the best port of call. Hang in there Nicky, thinking about you xxxxx:hug:

Z

zeropolar wannabe

Oh, and there should also be some support groups in the area for you as a family member as it's recognized that this sort of thing can take it's toll on people who care for her too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KyussEatsTheSun People 14