• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Living with a beautiful young bipolar girlfriend

M

Miamimayor

I don’t even know where to begin. I won’t begin with all the reasons why I’m with her because it’s the same reasons all of you are with your partners.

I am dealing with a woman who has probably demasculized, degraded and devalued me into a depression in every single way possible.
She has embarassed me professionally, embarrassed me to my family by hooking up with my brother and embarrassed me to my friends when I decided to not continue a relationship with her..she threatened to have my ex best friend “wrapped around her finger in a week” which ultimately happened when 6 months later they were married. It lasted four years and we ran into each other and boom.
I was left with no brother and no best friend. It broke me into pieces. What blew me away was the level of cruel and her being able to even hurt herself into actually doing All of which she threatened she would do if I didn’t give her what she wanted. She’s does these cruel things and then is ashamed of her actions. Well sometimes. There’s been times where she’s told me that she’s never felt bad and that nothing other than getting her way means anything to her.

Yes this is a woman who when I don’t give her what she wants, cheats.

Years later and now the relationship has gotten to a bazar controlling emotionally and physically abusive relationship. She has no breaks in embarassing me to anyone or anything.
She has blatantly attacked me multiple times when we argue. Has slashed my tires at work (embarassing me to my coworkers) wrote emails to get me fired (embarrassing me to my bosses) has tried to set me up with the police multiple times so that I get fired..I’m a public servant..and laughs as she says she doesn’t care what happens to me or how hard I worked for my career.

To be fair, I admit that after a bunch of attacks from her and months of a deep depression..I reacted and defended myself. I never attacked. I restrained her at first by holding her hands down and getting on top of her. I work in a field where I deal with crazy people all the time. But it got to a point where it was putting me into a depression not standing up for myself against her. It sounds stupid because me being picked on by someone smaller..when I’m way bigger than her. I swear to God I saw her as a damn bully at times.

In one of those times that she scratched me and punched me I reacted with violence. When we spoke about it afterwards she said that my physicality to her actually turned her on. What a message.
I was in fucking tears and surprised at how close I was to ending up losing control and hurting her..and she was turned on. What mixed signals!

After some after some fights it would end with me being in tears begging her that we were passing the threshold of sanity. I would tell her that it was scaring the shit out of myself at the little amount of breaks that I had left. I would beg and even plead with her to PLEASE argue by these set of rules..
Don’t insult don’t touch don’t degrade.
She was absolutely making me crazy.

it ultimately weighs with her having my life in her hands at all times. It’s always on her deciding whether she was going to go to the police or not and ruin my life.
She’s contacted ex Gfs and threatened them.
My biggest issues are
She’ll break up with me ..5 days go by..she’ll sleep with her exhusband blows a ex boyfriend and meets with other men.
At the same time if she even thinks that someone is introducing me to another woman (my sister introduced me to her friend to try and get me to see if there was something better) she completely forgot the atrocities she commited and suddenly it was all my fault. She made my sister introducing me to her friend sound like if im the one that commited her horrible acts.

I’ll make it clear, I’m not innocent either. If it’s one thing I’ve learned is never cheat back. You’ll never get the outcome that your thinking in your noggin.I admit, I’ve cheated back and got stuck on a stupid cycle of arguing, revenge and then at the end felt completely broken and alone. I’m a 37 male my girlfriend for 3 years is 25 and completely amazing. The most intelligent, beautiful, powerful and scariest woman I’ve ever seen or dealt with. Absolutely stunning and what’s worse is she knows the power she has. She says that she can manipulate anyone to get whatever she wants at complete ease. I met her when we were both in between breakups when she was 18, I was 30.

I would have never thought of speaking to someone so young but I admit to being blown away to how deep, how in tune this woman was. Incredible in every aspect. It developed to become very hyper sexual almost immediately.. which wasn’t the worst thing in the world.
That’s the one thing I never realized was how sexual someone with bipolar is.
It’s almost the hook that keeps me.

I’m now looking for advice. She’s wanting children. I have two daughters that she has flat out admitted that she wants nothing to do with them. That if she gets pregnant that HER children are what matter, that she should matter above all. If breaks my heart.
I’m afraid of bringing my 12 year old and 9 year old around her and her engaging with them..then I’m left with the final decision which will ultimately always be my daughters.
She’s so jealous of everything I’m afraid of leaving her and ending up in fucking jail

Last edited by a moderator:
B

boffin1252

It doesn't seem right to blame her behaviour on biopolar. Sounds like a nasty girl who has to get her own way. Just try to disconnect yourself from her.

T

timing

I don't understand your post in that the only mention of bipolar is how sexual someone is with bipolar.

You describe a most cruel and toxic person who should not receive the time of day.

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

Have to agree that women sounds toxic. Mental health isn’t an aspect worth worrying about.

E

EclipticNight

Yeah I'm gonna say being bipolar is not what's going on here, she is a manipulator. She sounds toxic as hell, I'd dump her and never look back.

K

keith74

Is she like this all the time? If so, then this behavior cannot be attributed to just a bipolar manic episode. Bipolar episodes are episodic. It will come and go. Based on your description, it sounds like she is always like this.

S

ScarsThatIamHiding

Seriously? This has nothing to do with her having Bipolar. She sounds controlling and overbearing, not to mention the manipulation that she does.

When I first read this, I really hoped that this was just some sick joke, but you need to get away from her and the relationship ASAP. You can't keep going on like this.

None of what you have described, apart from maybe the hyper sexuality, would even be considered as part of Bipolar. But her actions do sound a lot like psychopathy.

K

keith74

None of what you have described, apart from maybe the hyper sexuality, would even be considered as part of Bipolar. But her actions do sound a lot like psychopathy.

Some of it can fit the bill of an acute dysphoric manic episode. But again, the mood swings would be episodic and it is not, then yeah this is not bipolar.

T

ThrivingBipolar

Maybe she is bipolar and has some comorbidities. Could Deffinately be more than one diagnosis (almost sounds like some of the borderline people I've known).
But no diagnosis can excuse a person treating someone the way she treats you. And it's good to hear that you don't want to expose your children exposed to that.

Mental illness or no, that behaviour is just plain wrong. If you're worried she will retaliate against you for breaking up with her, consider having friends or witnesses around when y'all are together, get in contact with a local lawyer who may have some suggestions on handling false police reports she could make.

It's a vicious cycly to try to get away from someone like that. But you can do it