• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

living is very uncomfortable

D

danieladplf

hiii, can someobody tell me if they feel uncomfortable almost all the time thinking about how they're going to have to be alive for a lifetime and its just awkward and disgusting being aware of existing? is it a symptom of some mental illness??

A

Agag

hiii, can someobody tell me if they feel uncomfortable almost all the time thinking about how they're going to have to be alive for a lifetime and its just awkward and disgusting being aware of existing? is it a symptom of some mental illness??
I think it could be touching on something that's making you anxious. For me it's the battle I have with food that makes me feel like how can I live if all I want to do is eat?

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I feel this sometimes but I don't know exactly what causes it...
Do you feel more anxious or just really uncomfortable?

D

danieladplf

I think it could be touching on something that's making you anxious. For me it's the battle I have with food that makes me feel like how can I live if all I want to do is eat?
thank you for your response! I'm going to give that a thought and try to understand a little bit better if it is what you say. I wish you the best

D

danieladplf

I feel this sometimes but I don't know exactly what causes it...
Do you feel more anxious or just really uncomfortable?
thank you for your response! its almost every day that I feel really uncomfortable thinking about the future, how to me it just seems impossible to live a whole life. just being aware of the fact that I exist is really uncomfortable. sometimes I do get anxious when I think about it.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I should say, I feel this a lot but I mean only sometimes I get physically uneasy about it, I feel uneasy that I have to sleep and eat food and grow old...it does seem impossible to live a whole life :BLAH:
This may be some symptom of some form of dissociation but I'm not sure? For me it wasn't so bad when I had the motivation to do hobbies, but I just haven't been able to do much lately

D

danieladplf

I should say, I feel this a lot but I mean only sometimes I get physically uneasy about it, I feel uneasy that I have to sleep and eat food and grow old...it does seem impossible to live a whole life :BLAH:
This may be some symptom of some form of dissociation but I'm not sure? For me it wasn't so bad when I had the motivation to do hobbies, but I just haven't been able to do much lately
I get that idk I hate it haha. anyways thank you so much for your response, Im going to do some research and idk maybe I'll find something interesting. I wish you the best. :p:p

B

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have the thoughts you describe. They make me feel very sad. I take an antidepressant and I find it helpful. You can talk to your doctor about these feelings.

D

danieladplf

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have the thoughts you describe. They make me feel very sad. I take an antidepressant and I find it helpful. You can talk to your doctor about these feelings.
thank you very much for your response! at the moment im not seeing any therapists, there are times when I think I need help and others when I just hate thinking about need help and push problems away, and right now im in between haha. anyways thank you, I will think about it because maybe its time for me to get help. im sorry to hear that you have them too, wish you the best.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Sorry may I ask what you do with your time during the day (e.g. you are working etc.)... :hug:

D

danieladplf

Sorry may I ask what you do with your time during the day (e.g. you are working etc.)... :hug:
hello! yes, well currently im studying for some exams I have next week. im not exclusively doing that, im also watching movies, series, sometimes I paint, spend time with my family, etc. why?

OCDguy

OCDguy

I just wondered if there was something that inspired you, motivated you to develop and grow in one direction, it would take your mind of other things... Too much inward thinking in my opinion can be a negative spiral, where as if you are focussed on something positive, a future goal perhaps and you are working towards that, it's a whole different way of thinking. Hope this helps :)

D

danieladplf

I just wondered if there was something that inspired you, motivated you to develop and grow in one direction, it would take your mind of other things... Too much inward thinking in my opinion can be a negative spiral, where as if you are focussed on something positive, a future goal perhaps and you are working towards that, it's a whole different way of thinking. Hope this helps :)
I will definitely try that. after the exams Im going to try doing more things, discovering a little bit about what I like doing and try setting little goals that make me excited and happy. thank you so much!!