• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Living happy with BPD

merrida

merrida

I have BPD. I have had it for a very long time. I have gotten help for it, group help and one on one therapy. I am so much better for it.

I just want everyone who posts here to know you can live with it and still be happy. I have never quite gotten over it, it still rears its ugly head once in a while, but I am so happy with my life. I am so lucky. I am so much to be thankful for.

Much love to all on the board and much good health.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Thank you for sharing this, Merrida.
As i'm sure you know, when you're in the depths of despair it's really difficult to imagine you'll ever smile again - and so it's always lovely to hear people talk of feeling better.

I have found that a lot of the symptoms I was having 5 years ago when I was diagnosed have really got better. It's amazing to think how far i've come.
So yes, I do agree with what your posting too. Things can get better.

Would also like to wish you all the best and continued happiness. :hug:

merrida

merrida

Thank you for sharing this, Merrida.
As i'm sure you know, when you're in the depths of despair it's really difficult to imagine you'll ever smile again - and so it's always lovely to hear people talk of feeling better.

I have found that a lot of the symptoms I was having 5 years ago when I was diagnosed have really got better. It's amazing to think how far i've come.
So yes, I do agree with what your posting too. Things can get better.

Would also like to wish you all the best and continued happiness. :hug:
Hello SomersetScorpio,

That is why I posted. I wanted people in the forum to know that it can get better when you work really hard. It is possible to be happy and still have the disease. Life can be wonderful even with BPD!!!

Love,

merrida

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V What's the point in living if you can't be happy.. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
B I need your help.. living with someone with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
siamesetwins I hate living here Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
AppleJacks88 Living inside my head. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 47
O Be honest. Is it just me or is my living situation toxic? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
2 Decades of living with BPD...but there is hope ahead Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
Jleighm Living with Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
F Feels like life not worth living Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
G What do you do for a living? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 43
LucyInTheSkyWithDiamonds Life is not worth living because there's too much suffering. Change my mind. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
mami5 Living 2 lives Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
N living with bpd as a psychologist Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
vanish Living with an emotionally unstable partner Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
H Feeling of someone or something else living inside me Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
F Please help living with partner who has BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
O i can't do this anymore and donno how to keep living Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
C Feel alone living with in laws I have BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
M living behind a mask Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
M Not scared of dying? Are you scared of living? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 16
C Living with eubpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
D Living with eubpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 35
Lara living hell, AGAIN! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
Fairy Lucretia im not as happy as you think i am Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
MollyBloom Happy with being lonely Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
D I used to be so happy Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
wraziel I'm happy (i believe) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Fairy Lucretia i found my happy place x Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
P I'm tired of pretending to be happy Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 23
wraziel Not happy of success Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
LittleMissNameless I want to be happy Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Fairy Lucretia im so happy/im so sad x Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
S Happy Holidays Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
Nirvana2991 Feeling oddly happy Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
SwanLake Happy Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 40
H Feeling unusual happy Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
J Be happy Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
Shadow-one Happy New Year From Ireland Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
kyarahope BPD - Will we ever be truly happy with life? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
D happy birthday to me Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
mygirl1uk Today's supposed to be happy but it's not Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
B BPD and splitting Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
whoopigirlberg NHS help for bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
A A good breakdown of BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
M Looking for friends with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
D Self sabotage bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
Helloseaturtle I Need friends with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
E I found out my close friend with BPD was hacking into my instagram account. Anyone have any insight as to why or how to proceed? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
S Will my close friend with BPD come back to me in time after pulling away? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
D Reported a bad conversation with a colleague about another colleague now bpd wont let up. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
D How to keep a job with bpd? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10