• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Living alongside PTSD and EUPD

W

Willow was my girl

Hi to you reading this.

I'm seeking some help, and to try and find out if there are any techniques I can access to try and help me in my current situation. I better give some background as to why I am here.

In 2010 I met my partner, we had a very close immediate bond and he, very early on into the relationship, began to open up to me about his past and the years of abuse he had suffered as a child. Now, I had not lived a totally sheltered life up to this point, but some of the graphic details he has disclosed over the years are enough to turn the stomachs of the most hardened individuals. So, to hear it from someone that I love, especially 10 years ago when I was much younger, it was difficult to process. I have managed to over the years process any and all information released in his disclosures and it is not them that really effect me most.
Over the 10 years we have now been together, he has taken numerous attempts on his life, through overdoses and self harming, consequently leading to many trips to hospital and 2 residential stays in a mental health unit, a few years apart. His PTSD diagnosis was given before we even met but the Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder was only given in 2018.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4