• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

lithium

S

shawnie123

Hi all,
I was wondering what peoples experiences are taking lithium. My NP wants me to go on it but I have heard alot of scary things about it and I am afraid to. One person says it works then another says its horrible. I dont know what to do. I know it has a lot of side effects. And I am already on wellbutrin, buspar and abilify. I am worried to add yet another drug to the mix. Especially for the sake of my kidneys. So what do you think? Is it worth the risks?

H

Helen1960

From what I know lithium is an excellent drug for some people and worth the side effects

I've never taken it but would if I thought it would help me.

Helen

fazza

fazza

I really don't think there is anything to worry about. I love it. I have zero side effects and it really has stabilised me.

Its is a bit of a pain at first having bloodtest whilst they get your levels right but that's about it.

Make sure you do not have any sudden change of diets as this can affect your levels. Also make sure you keep yourself hydrated as becoming dehydrated can affect your levels.

Tell the pharmacist that you are on lithium when buying any over the counter meds.

If there is anything I can help you with regarding my personal experience then feel free to let me know.

fazza

fazza

I am on sertraline, lurasidone, bisoprolol, lithium, and a statin.
Your kidneys and thyroid will be tested everytime you have your levels checked.

S

shawnie123

Thanks for your responses. I appreciate them. I am still deciding what to do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fairy Lucretia Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 1
atlia Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 5