• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Lithium (yuk)

F

fer1

Anyone find that Lithium helps / hinders sleep?
Right now I'm partly afraid of tapering it , while I detest the side effects,I fear it is helping me sleep.do these effects tend to last with Li?
(Or perhaps it is the Mirtazipine I am taking also. )
With regard to Lithium, I'm hoping as I move down the taper, I hope, I will see less side effects.
Would love to hear some of your experiences with Lithium. How close to bedtime do you take it? I take it 1hr from bedtime.

N

NoOne5

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've heard some pretty bad things about Lithium. Good luck tapering honey. :hug::hug:

N

NoOne5

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You're welcome. How are you now?

F

fer1

I'm OK thank you. Just feel quite spaced and flat from Lithium. Well, at least I think it is Lithium. Won't get another taper for quite a while so I'm afraid I'm gonna have to deal with it

N

NoOne5

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hope all goes well. :hug: :hug: