• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

lithium is making my hair look crazy :( any ideas to help?

J

jazgoin

I've been on lithium for over 10 years and have issues with my hair falling out and the texture has gotten fuzzy. Being a woman, it really bothers me; worried it will all fall out:( I've reduced my 300mg twice a day to 150mg twice a day over the last month. Has this helped anyone to help their hair look better?

J

jazgoin

I am not. when they do my bloodwork, they never say anything is wrong with my thyroid. Do you think a thyroid medication will help?

Zero One

Zero One

If you can find a volumizing keratin shampoo it can take out a lot of the frizz. I was using a shampoo and my hair kept getting more and more straight and I was hating it, then later I found out the shampoo had keratin in it. My hair was straight and had a lot of body when I let it air dry, but when I flat ironed it it was just super straight and looked thin and stringy. I am multiracial with wavy hair. I changed shampoos and my hair is back to normal. Now I use Garnier sleek and shine and an anti frizz serum by Paul Mitchell. I still flat iron my hair because people go wild and make a lot of comments when I leave my hair wavy 😋. When I let it air dry, though, it is really beautiful. I heard that vitamin E is good for skin and hair problems. I took it in the past for the same but I kept forgetting to take it regularly so I don't have results to report. All the best 💕