Listening To Music/and Musicals Therapy - It does work, believe me.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

funny enough i am going to be trying to start piano classes in the psychiatric ward i am in now i am here not going to lie music just sounds so much better music is the essence of life it feels when not depressed

N

natalie

Hi Sanpunchingbag,

I am sorry i couldn't respond earlier I wasn't well and no not mental health.

What a good idea, now, is this for teaching others for piano playing, or are you going to be embarking on learning how to play the piano?

What I was thinking was, of sorts, if it is teaching others, then it might not be a bad, idea also, if you happened to discover that people sing, on your ward as well, that you could form a choir, now that would be something for the mental team to then feel, oh, they're not so unwell after all, anyway, just a rhetorical thought.

I do hope that the piano classes go well. Do correct me if i am wrong, or got the wrong end of the stick, if you are not going to be teaching others to play the piano. i couldn't quite figure it out from what you were saying in your post. Apologies for that, if at all.

Anyway, i do wish you good luck with it.

Best regards.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I'm alright, I'm very well mental health wise.

I have had a generally in at home, an unsettling day. Things are calmer and have been from the earlier afternoon after lunch, and then onwards.

From the late afternoon, I could finally settle down to listen to musicals and music, and knitting combined.

The helicopters have now since toned t hemselves down, and I am much much better for my mental health wellb eing, I always have noisy helciopters problems, in terms of difficulty in concentration and focusing.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I'm very well this evening mental health wise.

I have been having psorasis/boils irritation complaints, meaning healing, on head, apart from that I am well overall, trialing me on 20ml.

Have happily been listening to music and knitting, and for the moment, musicals and knitting.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

Having t hen managed to have my anxieties under control, I have been happily listening to musicals and music, and knitting.

I'm very well, no mental health problems to report at this time, on now officially, 20ml.

I am hoping I'll get a workout done, tomorrow, in the afternoon.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I'm very well, on 20ml dose official new dose of med. Still the same original brand version, just lower dose.

I have been listening to musicals and music, this evening and knitting.

I was hoping to wash hair, I couldn't maange to get round to it, so at some point tomorrow.

I don't have within me, any mental health issues to report at this time, except that earlier, my psorasis was bothering me, it's fine now.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I'm alright, I'm very well. I was caught up with something in at home, about 6.30pm, soI couldn't be here at MHF, and then during the evening, I have been catching up with myself, listening to music and knitting, following on from a unsettling morning, and onto afternoon, dad a external meeting, and mum doesn't like to be on her own, incase she might fall, is one aspect, but also as she can't walk very well her current older years, and with problems, so I must have been up and down literally like a yo you this morning.

I am fine, no mental health worries at all, on that front, I'm very well, on 25ml of med.

Have a good evening, and see you all around and about MHF, during my visit to MHF, whilst I'm logged in.

Best regards all.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I'm alright, I'm very well, reverted back, to 25ml daily, thanks, annoyingly owing to several amounts of helicopters, low loud ones, over the last weekend. I was on 20ml for the week, and also in terms of children loud playign happily in general surrounds gardens in my close knit area, I felt I can't carry on, on 20ml, so I thought, right, I'll up the dose. I am far better on 25ml.
And there was a helicopter today, about 1.45pm, and also another whilst out, later, now don't bother me one bit, on 25ml.

I'd been trying to listening to musical number for the past half hour, and couldn't understand why kept cutting out, then I realised eventually, that it was the batteries. I have since changed batteries, and very much finer, again.

Have a good evening all, I'll return to debrief, about 9.30pm.

Best regards all.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

After a maddening busish day, and I have since taken a energising drink with a hint of glucose, small amount, I am much more energetic.

Finally, this late afternoon, earlier evening, I have been listening to musicals, and music and knitting combined.

I will resume for that music and knitting, for the duration of the evening, I am planning to retire, for the night, 10pm, 10.30pm at the very latest.

i'm alright, I'm well, at 25ml dose. Now, at 25ml dose, the dose works extremely well for 24/7.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Sandingpunchbag,

Just touching base, to check whether if you have been able to start taking piano classes in the ward which you are in, and how are they going?

Best Wishes.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I had a little bit of a problem, annoyance wise, earlier this evening, external otuside of home, anyway since t hen, I have been better.

Have been listening to musicals and music and knitting combined.

Still taking 25ml of med.

Query at the moment on Pregablin, so I've put that on hold until GP appointment.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

Owing to the bad weather overnight, and I c ouldn't sleep, I listened to musical and knitted after the thunderstorm to help me to become calmer. Also, I put my bands on to help me to become calmer.

After certainly 2 tracks, and in the meantime i felt sleepier, I had then slept, for the remainder of the night.

Have a good day all,

I'm out to North West of London areas today.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I have been mental health wise very well this evening, and my psorasis is greatly improving though a i had to put on a different application gel, to help sooth the itchiness, I have been listening to musicals and music and knitting combined.

Oh yes, I am still taking 25ml of Abilify, 50 ml once or twice a day of Pregabalin, and also 7.5ml of Fluxoetine, liquid and which never was intended for mental health purposes, for a different set of health problems Fluxotine had been prescribed by GP for.

Have a good evening/overnight all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.