• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

LINks launch day

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Birmingham LINks will be holding its official Launch on Tuesday 31st March.

It is from 10.30 - 3.00 at Trinity Suite, First Floor, Trinity Stand, Aston Villa Football Club :)eek: don't blame me - I had nothing to do with picking the venue!!!!!!!!).

Now I know that I have been sceptical about Birmingham LINks and considerable problems remain but the Mental Health Sub-Group at least seems to be making some real progress. Gateway (who administer the LINk) have appointed an excellent woman as Facilitator of the sub-group and a small working party has formed which actually had a productive meeting yesterday.

LINks of course covers the whole of health and social care and my prime concern remains ensuring that MH is represented and considered, but it is interesting to hear about, and possibly get involved in other areas too.

Anyway the Launch looks as though it could be an interesting and entertaining event which will include speakers (of whom I have foolishly volunteered to be one - luckily for only 4 minutes :)), discussion sessions, stalls, a theatre group and a buffet lunch.

If you are interested in attending you can contact Gateway on 08006 525278 or [email protected] who will book a place and supply further details. I will be around on the MH stall quite a bit I would imagine so do come and say hi if you do come.

Nick.

J

jamesdean

I'm pleased that it is going well, I know that I ddidnt make the meeting, I would of come to the launch but I'm not able to make it on that date, good luck with the talk and the stall.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Thanks jd - and np about the meeting :) - maybe see you Thursday?

Nick.

J

jamesdean

Hi Nick I got it wrong Iam around on that day is the grounds near to the aston train staion?

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
:) I am not an expert on getting to the Villa! But looking at the maps yes it is reasonably close to Aston Station but I think even closer to Witton - it is sort of between the two.

Yup definitely looks closer to Witton on Google Maps - wow they are amazing, first time I have played with them :).

Nick.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Been to another meeting about this today and it was definitely made clear that people have to confirm with Gateway before attending...

>>If you are interested in attending you can contact Gateway on 08006 525278 or [email protected] who will book a place and supply further details.<<

sorry that I wasn't clearer about this before but I didn't fully understand myself. If anyone has any problems let me know though! :)

Nick.