• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Limbo

M

Michael

Founding Member
Limbo is a really good expression of how I am feeling at the moment!

How/why is it that things can look so positive and then, all of a sudden, you seem to forget all that.
You look around and nothing seems to ignite a fire inside, all you want seemingly is to curl up and dissappear.
I'm not stressed
I'm not overally anxious
I'm not depressed
Yet here I am thinking that if I am not any of these then I should be firing on all cylinders and really getting into something.

Writing this down I recall Dollit saying to go on a journey to nowhere and when you have got there come back - well maybe I should take this section of me as part of that journey.

Does anyone else feel like this?
How do you get through it?

Michael

D

Dollit

I think sometimes Michael you just have to accept that some days are bummers. On days like that I just keep on going and have to believe that tomorrow will be different. :hug:

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Does anyone else feel like this?
How do you get through it?
Michael
Yes.
No Idea. Well only my own coping mechanisms.

:D.

When I was in a cycle of self-medication/destruction (drink/ drugs/ other stuff) I think part of the reason (ok maybe only a small part) was to have a reason to justify feeling bad. When you have been through the therapy and figured out lots of triggers and taken steps to avoid them and quit drink/drugs and you still end up feeling lousy - which I guess most of us here do - it never stops being a real pain - well it hasn't for me yet. I just get through the day using what strategies I have - some are very personal, one is playing computer/video games. But that's just me and I guess everyone has to work out their own path.

Sorry to be no help at all. Unless just saying your post is an accurate description of how I feel sometimes helps.

Nick.

Aahbut

Aahbut

I frequently feel that way. I sit in a chair looking at all the music gear I bought for when I feel better, only I never seem to feel well enough to use any of it. I know I will, but I just seem to drift with no motivation at all.:confused:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Limbo .... It totally describes my life. Waiting to feel better, unable to appreciate when I am feeling better and screwing things up so I dont get better.:confused: